Nyack Student Rep at National Visionary Leadership Project
Nyack student, Christopher Smith, is one of 30 college students who was selected from a nationwide roster of candidates to participate in the National Visionary Leadership Project (NVLP). The non-profit organization was co-founded by Dr. Camille O. Cosby, wife of veteran film and television actor, Bill Cosby, and award-winning former network correspondent Renee Poussaint.
Christopher is attending the 2007 Visionary Heritage Fellows Leadership and Training Conference July 21-25 at Howard University in Washington, DC. The opening ceremony featured a discussion with Clifford L. Alexander, Jr., the first American American Secretary of the U.S. Army. A series of workshops on oral history, research and interviewing techniques and video production are a part of the program. With these skills, students complete independent study projects that document the lives of visionary elders in their local communities. These student works are then added to the NVLP archives.
The Visionary Heritage Fellows Program is sponsored by Time Warner, Inc., the film, television, publishing, internet, and telecommunications giant headquartered in New York City. Nyack College has participated in this annual event for the past several years through the efforts of Dr. Joyce Simons, Dean of the Division of Academic Support Services.
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Telling the Nyack Story
- Browse Blog Archive>>