Nyack Student Rep at National Visionary Leadership Project
Nyack student, Christopher Smith, is one of 30 college students who was selected from a nationwide roster of candidates to participate in the National Visionary Leadership Project (NVLP). The non-profit organization was co-founded by Dr. Camille O. Cosby, wife of veteran film and television actor, Bill Cosby, and award-winning former network correspondent Renee Poussaint.
Christopher is attending the 2007 Visionary Heritage Fellows Leadership and Training Conference July 21-25 at Howard University in Washington, DC. The opening ceremony featured a discussion with Clifford L. Alexander, Jr., the first American American Secretary of the U.S. Army. A series of workshops on oral history, research and interviewing techniques and video production are a part of the program. With these skills, students complete independent study projects that document the lives of visionary elders in their local communities. These student works are then added to the NVLP archives.
The Visionary Heritage Fellows Program is sponsored by Time Warner, Inc., the film, television, publishing, internet, and telecommunications giant headquartered in New York City. Nyack College has participated in this annual event for the past several years through the efforts of Dr. Joyce Simons, Dean of the Division of Academic Support Services.
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>