Nyack Student Rep at National Visionary Leadership Project
Nyack student, Christopher Smith, is one of 30 college students who was selected from a nationwide roster of candidates to participate in the National Visionary Leadership Project (NVLP). The non-profit organization was co-founded by Dr. Camille O. Cosby, wife of veteran film and television actor, Bill Cosby, and award-winning former network correspondent Renee Poussaint.
Christopher is attending the 2007 Visionary Heritage Fellows Leadership and Training Conference July 21-25 at Howard University in Washington, DC. The opening ceremony featured a discussion with Clifford L. Alexander, Jr., the first American American Secretary of the U.S. Army. A series of workshops on oral history, research and interviewing techniques and video production are a part of the program. With these skills, students complete independent study projects that document the lives of visionary elders in their local communities. These student works are then added to the NVLP archives.
The Visionary Heritage Fellows Program is sponsored by Time Warner, Inc., the film, television, publishing, internet, and telecommunications giant headquartered in New York City. Nyack College has participated in this annual event for the past several years through the efforts of Dr. Joyce Simons, Dean of the Division of Academic Support Services.
- TONIGHT: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- MAY 30: New York City Fish Count
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>