Nyack Student Rep at National Visionary Leadership Project
Nyack student, Christopher Smith, is one of 30 college students who was selected from a nationwide roster of candidates to participate in the National Visionary Leadership Project (NVLP). The non-profit organization was co-founded by Dr. Camille O. Cosby, wife of veteran film and television actor, Bill Cosby, and award-winning former network correspondent Renee Poussaint.
Christopher is attending the 2007 Visionary Heritage Fellows Leadership and Training Conference July 21-25 at Howard University in Washington, DC. The opening ceremony featured a discussion with Clifford L. Alexander, Jr., the first American American Secretary of the U.S. Army. A series of workshops on oral history, research and interviewing techniques and video production are a part of the program. With these skills, students complete independent study projects that document the lives of visionary elders in their local communities. These student works are then added to the NVLP archives.
The Visionary Heritage Fellows Program is sponsored by Time Warner, Inc., the film, television, publishing, internet, and telecommunications giant headquartered in New York City. Nyack College has participated in this annual event for the past several years through the efforts of Dr. Joyce Simons, Dean of the Division of Academic Support Services.
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- TODAY: Second Chance to Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Browse Blog Archive>>