Lonnie Morrison (1947-2007) Golf Coach Remembered
On Saturday, July 21, a memorial service will be held to celebrate the life of Lonnie Morrison, Jr., a former Nyack College golf coach, who passed away recently. The service will begin at 12 noon at the Joseph P. Kennedy Center, 34 West 134th Street between Fifth and Lenox Avenues in New York City, NY.
A one-time high school golf coach in Virginia, Lonnie recruited students from the Portsmouth, VA school to attend Nyack College.
Remembering Lonnie’s time at Nyack, Keith Davie, Director of Athletics & Head Men's Soccer Coach commented, "We are all saddened by Lonnie's passing. His spirit and smile were infectious and he was a big part of our department while he was here. His passion and persistence led to the creation of Nyack College Golf and his name will be synonymous with the golf program from now to eternity. Our thoughts and prayers are with Lonnie's family during this difficult period of time."
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Browse Blog Archive>>