Lonnie Morrison (1947-2007) Golf Coach Remembered
On Saturday, July 21, a memorial service will be held to celebrate the life of Lonnie Morrison, Jr., a former Nyack College golf coach, who passed away recently. The service will begin at 12 noon at the Joseph P. Kennedy Center, 34 West 134th Street between Fifth and Lenox Avenues in New York City, NY.
A one-time high school golf coach in Virginia, Lonnie recruited students from the Portsmouth, VA school to attend Nyack College.
Remembering Lonnie’s time at Nyack, Keith Davie, Director of Athletics & Head Men's Soccer Coach commented, "We are all saddened by Lonnie's passing. His spirit and smile were infectious and he was a big part of our department while he was here. His passion and persistence led to the creation of Nyack College Golf and his name will be synonymous with the golf program from now to eternity. Our thoughts and prayers are with Lonnie's family during this difficult period of time."
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>