Lonnie Morrison (1947-2007) Golf Coach Remembered
On Saturday, July 21, a memorial service will be held to celebrate the life of Lonnie Morrison, Jr., a former Nyack College golf coach, who passed away recently. The service will begin at 12 noon at the Joseph P. Kennedy Center, 34 West 134th Street between Fifth and Lenox Avenues in New York City, NY.
A one-time high school golf coach in Virginia, Lonnie recruited students from the Portsmouth, VA school to attend Nyack College.
Remembering Lonnie’s time at Nyack, Keith Davie, Director of Athletics & Head Men's Soccer Coach commented, "We are all saddened by Lonnie's passing. His spirit and smile were infectious and he was a big part of our department while he was here. His passion and persistence led to the creation of Nyack College Golf and his name will be synonymous with the golf program from now to eternity. Our thoughts and prayers are with Lonnie's family during this difficult period of time."
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Browse Blog Archive>>