School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
Dean of Nyack’s School of Education, Dr. JoAnn Looney, recently reported the latest professional accreditation status of programs in her division.
Currently education degree programs that are “nationally recognized” by their Specialized Professional Agencies (SPA) through August 1, 2026 include Adolescence English, Childhood Special Education, Childhood Education (Undergraduate), Childhood Education (Graduate), Early Childhood Education, TESOL (Initial) and TESOL (Additional). Music Education (Rockland campus) is accredited by the National Association Schools of Music.
The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) requires that 51% of programs have SPAs in order to be considered sufficient. Nyack has reached 100% for SPA-related degree programs that are continuing to seek enrollment.
For maintaining the academic excellence that embodies our core values of being globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming and socially relevant, we congratulate Dr. Looney and her extraordinary faculty!
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>