Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
The Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) and the East Coast Conference (ECC) will co-host the annual CACC and ECC Leadership Conference February 9-10 at Nyack College for CACC and ECC member schools and representatives from the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC). Programming for the event, “Experience in Community and Character,” will be led by Maricela Shukie, vice president of operations at Forward Progress, an athletics consulting organization. The weekend sessions will focus on three topics: values clarification, leadership styles and servant leadership.
Nyack Athletic Director Keith Davie and Assistant Athletic Director Mandy Aikens will participate along with student athletes David DeGenaro (baseball), Tia Celano (softball) and Storm Glautier, Nyack's SAAC representative.
"The CACC has had a terrific partnership with the ECC in regards to these leadership retreats. Student-athletes from both conferences have been able to gain valuable information about various components of their athletic and academic careers, while also giving back to the community through endeavors with local Special Olympians. I personally look forward to being part of the weekend once again," says CACC Commissioner Dan Mara (pictured above). On Friday night, the conferences will join with the Hudson Valley Special Olympics to sponsor a Valentine’s Day dance for the Special Olympics athletes in Nyack's Bowman Gymnasium.
"We know this is a valuable event and we look forward to teaming with the folks at Forward Progress this year to take the program in another new and exciting direction that I am sure will benefit all the participants," adds ECC Commissioner Bob Dranoff.
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>