Warriors win sportsmanship award
Commissioner Dan Mara of the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) recently announced that Nyack College is the recipient of the 2006-2007 CACC Men’s and Women’s Team Sportsmanship Awards. The Nyack men garnered 93 total points to take the honor, while the Warrior women tallied 142 total votes.
Each CACC-sponsored sport presents a Team Sportsmanship Award at the conclusion of its respective season.The yearly awards go to the schools that receive the most combined votes from each sport. One men’s program and one women’s program receive a plaque each spring.
The Nyack men received the Team Sportsmanship Award for soccer (in a tie with Bloomfield), baseball, and golf. The Warriors also finished second in the voting for basketball, behind Goldey-Beacom. The Nyack women earned the Team Sportsmanship Award in soccer, volleyball, basketball and softball this year.
Congratulations are due to the Warrior coaching staff and athletes for another commendable year of competition.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>