Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?"
This is just one of the many quotable expressions voiced by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. as he led the Civil Rights Movement in our nation from the mid-1950s until his assassination in 1968.
For more than three decades, our nation has celebrated his legendary life. January 15, his actual birth date, was observed yesterday as a federal holiday. Post offices, schools, banks, the New York Stock Exchange and a good deal of the American work force had the “day off” on Monday.
Members of the the Nyack College men’s basketball team made it a “day on” as they served residents of the Rockland County community who attended the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. breakfast at St. Charles A.M.E. Church in Sparkill, NY.
Throughout the academic year, Head Coach Jason Crafton has his athletes involved in community initiatives such as King Day community outreach—just one more reason to look up to these young men who honor the fallen American hero.
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>