Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
Beginning January 15, 2018, the birth date of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., the oral history of African Americans in Nyack, NY will be recorded at the Kiam Record Shop, located at 95 Main Street in Nyack for an entire week. Earl Miller, Nyack College alumnus ('07 MSOL, '16 MFT), former Nyack College Executive Director of Community Relations, and a 2015 inductee into the Rockland County Civil Human Rights Hall of Fame, will be a contributor.
The objective of this collaborative effort of Rockland County churches, civic organizations, artists and businesses is to document African American experiences and personal stories that will be highlighted each year on Dr. King’s birthday and during Black History Month in February.
This effort, described by its director, Bill Batson, as a "storytelling summit" will take place this year through January 20. Batson is the co-publisher of NyackNewsandViews.com and writes a weekly column, "Nyack Sketch Log," where he recently shared that "more than a dozen stories have been recorded and these stories will be archived by the Historical Society of the Nyacks and made available to the public by the Nyack Library."
Learn more about the project.
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>