Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
What do Warriors do? They fight!
Nyack College Warriors fight, but not just on the court or on the field. In fact, Nyack athletes recently demonstrated the power of Christ’s love through a campaign organized by Katalina Padilla, a School of Nursing student who hails from Las Cruces, NM. Through Katalina’s effort to spearhead a “Pink Out,” the Athletics Department and the Office of Health Services joined forces to raise the visibility of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
“To whom much is given, much is required” is a scripture reflected in Katalina’s work ethic to handle the various roles she undertakes. She is in her senior year of studies in Nyack’s rigorous nursing program, serves as the office manager of Nyack’s Health Services, is a member of the 2017-2018 Warrior softball team and student athletic advisory committee and a participant in Nyack’s rite of passage program, Woman.
Taking on the “Pink Out” project was a first-time effort for her, but the successful results speak volumes about her strong leadership skills. By collaborating with team captains, she and her fellow athletes came up with the motto “Warriors Fight Strong” and created the logo designed for t-shirts. Women’s volleyball and both Men’s and Women’s Soccer teams shed their usual crimson red and white gear in October, wore their hot pink t-shirts and won all of their games that month!
Not only has Katalina been a student fully invested in the campus community, but she acknowledges that the Nyack campus community has invested in her. She admits that her focus in her first years at Nyack was on playing her sport and earning her degree. Today she credits her Nyack experience for the spiritual growth, the great teammates and great friends she has gained.
Read the blog post written by Katalina about her month of victoriously raising breast cancer awareness.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>