Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
What do Warriors do? They fight!
Nyack College Warriors fight, but not just on the court or on the field. In fact, Nyack athletes recently demonstrated the power of Christ’s love through a campaign organized by Katalina Padilla, a School of Nursing student who hails from Las Cruces, NM. Through Katalina’s effort to spearhead a “Pink Out,” the Athletics Department and the Office of Health Services joined forces to raise the visibility of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
“To whom much is given, much is required” is a scripture reflected in Katalina’s work ethic to handle the various roles she undertakes. She is in her senior year of studies in Nyack’s rigorous nursing program, serves as the office manager of Nyack’s Health Services, is a member of the 2017-2018 Warrior softball team and student athletic advisory committee and a participant in Nyack’s rite of passage program, Woman.
Taking on the “Pink Out” project was a first-time effort for her, but the successful results speak volumes about her strong leadership skills. By collaborating with team captains, she and her fellow athletes came up with the motto “Warriors Fight Strong” and created the logo designed for t-shirts. Women’s volleyball and both Men’s and Women’s Soccer teams shed their usual crimson red and white gear in October, wore their hot pink t-shirts and won all of their games that month!
Not only has Katalina been a student fully invested in the campus community, but she acknowledges that the Nyack campus community has invested in her. She admits that her focus in her first years at Nyack was on playing her sport and earning her degree. Today she credits her Nyack experience for the spiritual growth, the great teammates and great friends she has gained.
Read the blog post written by Katalina about her month of victoriously raising breast cancer awareness.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>