A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
Nyack College actors and musicians will bring a production of “In the Heights,” the first smash Broadway hit for playwright, lyricist and actor Lin-Manuel Miranda to the stage of the American Theatre of Actors, 314 West 54th Street in Manhattan. The first of eight performances opens on Thursday, November 30 at 8:00 PM. Shows continue December 1 and 2 at 8:00 PM; December 3 at 2:00 PM; December 7, 8 and 9 at 8:00 PM and December 10 at 2:00 PM.
“In the Heights” earned 13 Tony Award nominations and won four for Best Musical, Best Original Score, Best Choreography and Best Orchestration before Miranda took Broadway by storm with his wildly successful, “Hamilton.” Miranda's 2009 project that the Nyack cast and crew will revive this year also won a Grammy for Best Musical Show Album and was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize.
This musical comedy is full of New York City drama set to the soundtrack of hip-hop, salsa, merengue and soul music. You’ll be captivated by three days in the lives of a bodega owner, his relatives and friends in their tight-knit Latino community.
If you cheered along with us at Nyack's 2016 production of "West Side Story," you don't want to miss this year's equally enchanting performances.
Purchase your tickets today!
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>