Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
The Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary legacy of serving others is a lifestyle demonstrated by Nyack's extension site in San Juan, Puerto Rico--Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico (STPR) in San Juan.
Executive Director Dr. Julio Aponte of STPR reports that on Saturday, October 28 members of the campus community will visit three families of the Seminary to help them clean up and restore their land which includes homes and businesses impacted by the recent hurricanes. They are a two-hour drive from the San Juan area. The seminary will provide water and supplies collected by students, private donors and members of the Puerto Rico National Guard.
Dr. Aponte shares these verses of scripture that reflect the spirit that guides their efforts: Then I said to them, “You see the trouble we are in: Jerusalem lies in ruins, and its gates have been burned with fire. Come, let us rebuild the wall of Jerusalem, and we will no longer be in disgrace.” I also told them about the gracious hand of my God on me and what the king had said to me. They replied, “Let us start rebuilding.” So they began this good work. (Nehemiah 2:17-18)
Please continue to pray for our brothers and sisters in Puerto Rico as they rebuild.
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- Browse Blog Archive>>