Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
Why not “run” on Cultivate Coffee? It’s the new java joint on Nyack's Rockland County campus located in The Hub (Betty Olsen House).
Cultivate Coffee partners--Ben Tse, Peter Nehlsen (standing l-r), Thomas Trott and Joseph Girard (seated l-r) held a ribbon-cutting ceremony and dedication of their campus coffee shop on Monday, October 2. When you pay a visit to Cultivate Coffee, not only will you support our campus entrepreneurs, but Ben explains, "Every cup you purchase provides better opportunities for the global community of coffee farmers."
Operating hours during the fall semester will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 7:30-9:45 a.m., 7:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m. Thursday hours are 7:30-9:45 a.m.
Peter and Ben, both Nyack juniors, introduced their product this past spring during "The Entrepreneurial Business Venture Competition," a "Shark Tank-like event" hosted by Nyack’s School of Business and Leadership and the Center for Transformative Work. The duo's presentation won the third place prize of $5,000, which was awarded to help get a business started or to ramp up an existing business. In addition to the financial awards, all winners received professional business coaching.
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>