Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
Student-athletes at Nyack College do more than play to win. They win by giving.
Nyack’s Lady Warrior’s Soccer team has doubled their efforts to engage the fight against pediatric cancer. This month and continuing in October, Cancer Awareness Month, members of the team are volunteering in the Child Life Program at Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center.
The team is fundraising under the umbrella of Vs. Cancer, whose mission “as a signature fundraising campaign of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation” is to split proceeds “between child life programs in local hospitals and national pediatric brain tumor research.” There are two ways to support this initiative. Visit the Nyack page and click on the “Donate” button to support the Nyack Women’s Soccer Team. Half of the proceeds the Warriors collect will go to Vs. Cancer and half to The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center. You may also click on the “Join the Team” button and create your own fundraising page that you can share with family and friends.
Nyack’ s Head Women’s Soccer Coach Jodel Wright and the Nyack Lady Warriors will welcome two representatives from Montefiore’s Children’s Hospital to the Rockland County campus on Thursday, October 12 from 1:00-2:00 p.m. in Boon Campus Center (Palisades/Hudson Rooms). The speakers will acquaint students with The Phoebe H. Stein Child Life Program at Montefiore. This event is a kick-off to the Vs. Cancer Awareness game on Saturday, October 14 at noon during Homecoming, when Nyack will compete against Georgian Court University.
Come out and cheer them on in this especially significant game during their fundraising efforts!
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>