ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
Dr. Ron Walborn, dean of Alliance Theological Seminary (front row, second from far right), is in Ho Chi Minh City this week participating in another historic moment for Tin Lanh Church and the thriving body of 1.5 million believers in The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Vietnam.
Dr. Walborn, (pictured with the inaugural master's level class) will teach a Foundations in Ministry course at the Vietnam Institute of Bible and Theology, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. “I am blessed and honored to be their first professor in a 36-credit rotation (12 three-credit courses),” he explains. There are only 400 trained pastors serving this enormous body of believers in Vietnam.
The gratitude for Dr. Walborn's visit was apparent in an anecdote he shared about his students' level of respect for him. "I finished a lecture before 11:30 and dismissed my students for lunch. Nobody moved as I began to check my email and Facebook. They sat quietly not interrupting me. Finally after ten minutes I asked, 'Why are you guys still here?'The spokesman for the group stood to his feet and quietly said, 'We won't leave until you pray for us, Sir. Please pray for us.' Tears, tears, tears. I love these gentle men of God."
Before returning to the States, he added, “I preach on Sunday in a large 3,000 member church and fly home Sunday night. I have a 14-hour layover in Seoul Korea and will meet with the President and leaders of Seoul Theological University.”
- Empower Retreat 2018 Has Record-breaking Attendance
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- Browse Blog Archive>>