ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
Dr. Ron Walborn, dean of Alliance Theological Seminary (front row, second from far right), is in Ho Chi Minh City this week participating in another historic moment for Tin Lanh Church and the thriving body of 1.5 million believers in The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Vietnam.
Dr. Walborn, (pictured with the inaugural master's level class) will teach a Foundations in Ministry course at the Vietnam Institute of Bible and Theology, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. “I am blessed and honored to be their first professor in a 36-credit rotation (12 three-credit courses),” he explains. There are only 400 trained pastors serving this enormous body of believers in Vietnam.
The gratitude for Dr. Walborn's visit was apparent in an anecdote he shared about his students' level of respect for him. "I finished a lecture before 11:30 and dismissed my students for lunch. Nobody moved as I began to check my email and Facebook. They sat quietly not interrupting me. Finally after ten minutes I asked, 'Why are you guys still here?'The spokesman for the group stood to his feet and quietly said, 'We won't leave until you pray for us, Sir. Please pray for us.' Tears, tears, tears. I love these gentle men of God."
Before returning to the States, he added, “I preach on Sunday in a large 3,000 member church and fly home Sunday night. I have a 14-hour layover in Seoul Korea and will meet with the President and leaders of Seoul Theological University.”
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>