Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education (from general editor, Karen A. Longman) has been released by Abilene Christian University Press, just one year after the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) gathered more than 250 individuals on the Manhattan campus of Nyack College to participate in its diversity conference.
Among the numerous contributors is Dr. David F. Turk, provost and vice president for academic affairs at Nyack College. Dr. Turk’s chapter on Nyack is the first in the opening section, “Campus Case Studies: Transforming Institutions With a Commitment to Diversity,” which was edited and introduced by Dr. Pete C. Menjares, who is CCCU Senior Fellow for Diversity at Vanguard University of Southern California.
Asked about his contribution to the volume, Dr. Turk, who is a member of the CCCU's Commission on Diversity and Inclusion commented, "All of us at Nyack wrote the story. I just recorded it."
Learn more about this important collection of essays, Diversity Matters, which informs readers about the timely topic of race and ethnicity and addresses the role institutions of higher education can play in encouraging transformative dialogue about diversity.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>