In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
By God's grace, we have sought to develop at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary an institution of Christian education that prioritizes love as the primary virtue of being Christ-like. This is consistent with how we read and understand the gospel.
As one of the nation’s most diverse institutions of higher education, we at Nyack/ATS seek to cultivate an environment that models Christ's love for all people. Our founder, Dr. A.B. Simpson, declared “Your Master knows no color line, save that of His blood-red cross.” We do not condone any act of hatred towards any group of people.
Hateful acts that have occurred in our nation and around the world—Barcelona, Spain; Charlottesville, VA; London, England; Stockholm, Sweden—break our hearts, especially when innocent blood is shed because of racial, religious or political beliefs. God’s heartbreak is also very real. His Word challenges us to oppose hate with the power of love.
Jesus said, “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”
Despite the darkness that is in the world, we can glorify God by our love. As Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
Dr. Michael G. Scales, President
Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>