Dr. Marie White Recognized by American Educational Research Association
Dr. Marie White, Nyack College School of Education professor was recently honored by the American Educational Research Association (AERA) at its 2017 conference. AERA is a national research society whose mission is to “advance knowledge about education, to encourage scholarly inquiry related to education, and to promote the use of research to improve education and serve the public good."
Dr. White completed her time as chair of an AERA Special Interest Groups (SIGs) for the past eight years and will continue as a member. SIGs provide a forum within AERA for people who connect through a common interest in a field of study, teaching, or research when the existing divisional structure may not directly facilitate such activity.
The Studying and Self Regulated Learned Special Interest Group is one of the largest in AERA and has members such as reknown researchers and authors Dale Schunk, Barry Zimmerman, Phil Winne, and Christopher Wolters who have all contributed to the strong recognition of self-regulation as critical to learning. The officers who presented the award are known educational psychologists and top researchers in the field of learning with international recognition for their work . The officers are Roger Acevedo, North Carolina State University; Tim Cleary, Rutgers University; Linda Bol,Old Dominion University; Adam Moylan, Rockman Institute; Peggy Chen, Hunter College; Stacy De Zutter, Millsaps College; Stephen Aguilar, University of Southern California; Taylor Acee, University of Texas and Hefer Bembenutty, Queens College.
Dr. Marie White is the co-author of Self-Regulation and the Common Core: Application to ELA Standards. The Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts with Dr. Maria K. DiBenedetto
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>