Dr. Marie White Recognized by American Educational Research Association
Dr. Marie White, Nyack College School of Education professor was recently honored by the American Educational Research Association (AERA) at its 2017 conference. AERA is a national research society whose mission is to “advance knowledge about education, to encourage scholarly inquiry related to education, and to promote the use of research to improve education and serve the public good."
Dr. White completed her time as chair of an AERA Special Interest Groups (SIGs) for the past eight years and will continue as a member. SIGs provide a forum within AERA for people who connect through a common interest in a field of study, teaching, or research when the existing divisional structure may not directly facilitate such activity.
The Studying and Self Regulated Learned Special Interest Group is one of the largest in AERA and has members such as reknown researchers and authors Dale Schunk, Barry Zimmerman, Phil Winne, and Christopher Wolters who have all contributed to the strong recognition of self-regulation as critical to learning. The officers who presented the award are known educational psychologists and top researchers in the field of learning with international recognition for their work . The officers are Roger Acevedo, North Carolina State University; Tim Cleary, Rutgers University; Linda Bol,Old Dominion University; Adam Moylan, Rockman Institute; Peggy Chen, Hunter College; Stacy De Zutter, Millsaps College; Stephen Aguilar, University of Southern California; Taylor Acee, University of Texas and Hefer Bembenutty, Queens College.
Dr. Marie White is the co-author of Self-Regulation and the Common Core: Application to ELA Standards. The Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts with Dr. Maria K. DiBenedetto
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>