Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
What does “the best of both worlds” look like for Lauren Lebo?
The 2016 summa cum laude graduate left Nyack College with her Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree to pursue her passion for serving. While holding down her role at Blythdale Children's Hospital in Valhalla, NY--Nurse Lebo will be returning to Nyack College in a new role--head coach of the women's lacrosse team.
“We are excited to see Lauren continue the growth of the program and lead it to the CACC playoffs and beyond,” comments Nyack’s Athletics Director Keith Davie.
Is there any reason why great things wouldn't be expected of Lauren?
In the 2013-2014 season, Lauren earned the #2 spot in goals per game for all National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II programs and the distinction of being Nyack’s first statistical champion in lacrosse. In 2014-2015 and 2015-16, Lauren led in draw controls. She was a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Academic All Conference player during her Nyack career and concluded her senior season as the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year. The Athletic Department’s highest award, the Jonathan L. Gainer Memorial Sportsmanship Award, was also presented to Lauren at the annual Warrior Awards ceremony in 2016.
At the Nyack School of Nursing pinning ceremony, the Alpha Chi Honor Society and Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society member received the American Nursing Association (ANA)’s Future Nurse Leader Award and for academic excellence in nursing, the Drs. Ardel and Teresa Vietti Award.
“I am excited to come back to Nyack as a coach because Nyack has influenced me in more ways than I can say. The lacrosse program has played an irreplaceable role in my life, and I am looking forward to being able to pass on the things I have learned to the team I will now coach. Not only do I love to compete, I love that at Nyack we can compete without losing the focus on integrity and character. I’ll strive to help build a team that achieves excellence, but has a foundation in Christ,” says Lauren.
Welcome home, Coach Lebo!
*Learn more about Nyack’s School of Nursing.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>