Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
What does “the best of both worlds” look like for Lauren Lebo?
The 2016 summa cum laude graduate left Nyack College with her Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree to pursue her passion for serving. While holding down her role at Blythdale Children's Hospital in Valhalla, NY--Nurse Lebo will be returning to Nyack College in a new role--head coach of the women's lacrosse team.
“We are excited to see Lauren continue the growth of the program and lead it to the CACC playoffs and beyond,” comments Nyack’s Athletics Director Keith Davie.
Is there any reason why great things wouldn't be expected of Lauren?
In the 2013-2014 season, Lauren earned the #2 spot in goals per game for all National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II programs and the distinction of being Nyack’s first statistical champion in lacrosse. In 2014-2015 and 2015-16, Lauren led in draw controls. She was a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Academic All Conference player during her Nyack career and concluded her senior season as the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year. The Athletic Department’s highest award, the Jonathan L. Gainer Memorial Sportsmanship Award, was also presented to Lauren at the annual Warrior Awards ceremony in 2016.
At the Nyack School of Nursing pinning ceremony, the Alpha Chi Honor Society and Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society member received the American Nursing Association (ANA)’s Future Nurse Leader Award and for academic excellence in nursing, the Drs. Ardel and Teresa Vietti Award.
“I am excited to come back to Nyack as a coach because Nyack has influenced me in more ways than I can say. The lacrosse program has played an irreplaceable role in my life, and I am looking forward to being able to pass on the things I have learned to the team I will now coach. Not only do I love to compete, I love that at Nyack we can compete without losing the focus on integrity and character. I’ll strive to help build a team that achieves excellence, but has a foundation in Christ,” says Lauren.
Welcome home, Coach Lebo!
*Learn more about Nyack’s School of Nursing.
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Browse Blog Archive>>