Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
What does “the best of both worlds” look like for Lauren Lebo?
The 2016 summa cum laude graduate left Nyack College with her Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree to pursue her passion for serving. While holding down her role at Blythdale Children's Hospital in Valhalla, NY--Nurse Lebo will be returning to Nyack College in a new role--head coach of the women's lacrosse team.
“We are excited to see Lauren continue the growth of the program and lead it to the CACC playoffs and beyond,” comments Nyack’s Athletics Director Keith Davie.
Is there any reason why great things wouldn't be expected of Lauren?
In the 2013-2014 season, Lauren earned the #2 spot in goals per game for all National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II programs and the distinction of being Nyack’s first statistical champion in lacrosse. In 2014-2015 and 2015-16, Lauren led in draw controls. She was a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Academic All Conference player during her Nyack career and concluded her senior season as the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year. The Athletic Department’s highest award, the Jonathan L. Gainer Memorial Sportsmanship Award, was also presented to Lauren at the annual Warrior Awards ceremony in 2016.
At the Nyack School of Nursing pinning ceremony, the Alpha Chi Honor Society and Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society member received the American Nursing Association (ANA)’s Future Nurse Leader Award and for academic excellence in nursing, the Drs. Ardel and Teresa Vietti Award.
“I am excited to come back to Nyack as a coach because Nyack has influenced me in more ways than I can say. The lacrosse program has played an irreplaceable role in my life, and I am looking forward to being able to pass on the things I have learned to the team I will now coach. Not only do I love to compete, I love that at Nyack we can compete without losing the focus on integrity and character. I’ll strive to help build a team that achieves excellence, but has a foundation in Christ,” says Lauren.
Welcome home, Coach Lebo!
*Learn more about Nyack’s School of Nursing.
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- Browse Blog Archive>>