Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
Associate Professor of Bible Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah will be a workshop speaker at the 2017 Christians for Biblical Equality (CBE) Conference, “Mutual By Design," which will be held July 21-23 in Orlando, FL at the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort.
Dr. Abdallah will speak in Workshop Block 2 on Friday, July 21 at 3:00 p.m. “Harry Was Wrong: Women and Men as Friends and Colleagues,” is the title of her presentation described as follows:
The movie When Harry Met Sally has a famous dinner conversation where Harry states, “men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.” He was neither the first nor the last to express a sentiment that has consistently brought fear and suspicion into cross-sex relationships. While we should be cautious in our society of affairs, divorce, and casual sex, the time has come to look beyond our societal issues and ask whether that fear and suspicion among brothers and sisters is all we can hope for in the family of Christ. We need diverse perspectives in all aspects of society—even in our interpersonal relationships. This seminar will explore this question biblically and theologically, and more forward with practical steps to forming friend and colleague relationships with the opposite sex. Remember, Jesus had several close friends who were women.
CBE International is “a non-profit organization of Christian men and women who believe that the Bible, properly interpreted, teaches the fundamental equality of men and women of all ethnic groups, all economic classes, and all age groups, based on the teachings of Scriptures such as Galatians 3:28.”
Learn more about the conference here.
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- Browse Blog Archive>>