RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Opts In to New York State
Tuition Discount Program
Private Colleges Find a Viable Counterpart
to NYS Free Tuition for State Schools
NYACK, NY--As New York State rolls out its free tuition program, officially known as the Excelsior Scholarship, exclusively for State University of New York (SUNY) and City University of New York (CUNY) schools, another initiative—the Enhanced Tuition Award (ETA)—is available for New York’s private colleges.
Nyack College is one of a half dozen Hudson Valley institutions of higher education and one of the 29 out of 95 New York private colleges that will opt in to the State’s ETA program, providing New York residents with a discounted tuition. The awards, which will be available to students beginning with the fall 2017 semester, can be a combination of a Tuition Assistance Plan (TAP) award, ETA and matching funds from participating colleges.
The NYS free tuition and NYS free college for State residents will potentially contribute to a workforce empowered by higher education. Similarly, Nyack College’s decision to opt in to the ETA reflects its longstanding commitment to an affordable, quality education in an intentionally diverse and personally transforming environment.
“Nyack College is dedicated to college affordability for all of our students. We have worked diligently to maintain affordable costs while simultaneously distributing student aid that facilitates access to students seeking private Christian college education, regardless of a student’s economic background,” says Nyack president, Dr. Michael G. Scales.
Students in associate or bachelor’s degree programs, who maintain passing grades and are on track to complete their degree on time, will be eligible to receive the tuition discount award. In addition to the 12-month State residency required prior to the term for which application is made, the student’s annual family income must be less than $100,000. Among other requirements, applicants must plan to live and work in New York for the same number of years for which the discount has been awarded. (i.e. Students who receive the discount for four years are required to live and work in New York for four years.) Individuals in an undergraduate program that is structured to be completed in five years are eligible to receive the award for the five years. If students do not maintain the requirements of eligibility, the award will be converted to a loan.
The ETA application is available now. The deadline for completing the application is August 21, 2017. Students can also email the Nyack College Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the ETA program at Nyack. See detailed information about undergraduate degrees offered at Nyack’s Rockland County and Manhattan campuses.
ABOUT NYACK COLLEGE
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves more than 2,500 students in its undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and online degree programs. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>