RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Opts In to New York State
Tuition Discount Program
Private Colleges Find a Viable Counterpart
to NYS Free Tuition for State Schools
NYACK, NY--As New York State rolls out its free tuition program, officially known as the Excelsior Scholarship, exclusively for State University of New York (SUNY) and City University of New York (CUNY) schools, another initiative—the Enhanced Tuition Award (ETA)—is available for New York’s private colleges.
Nyack College is one of a half dozen Hudson Valley institutions of higher education and one of the 29 out of 95 New York private colleges that will opt in to the State’s ETA program, providing New York residents with a discounted tuition. The awards, which will be available to students beginning with the fall 2017 semester, can be a combination of a Tuition Assistance Plan (TAP) award, ETA and matching funds from participating colleges.
The NYS free tuition and NYS free college for State residents will potentially contribute to a workforce empowered by higher education. Similarly, Nyack College’s decision to opt in to the ETA reflects its longstanding commitment to an affordable, quality education in an intentionally diverse and personally transforming environment.
“Nyack College is dedicated to college affordability for all of our students. We have worked diligently to maintain affordable costs while simultaneously distributing student aid that facilitates access to students seeking private Christian college education, regardless of a student’s economic background,” says Nyack president, Dr. Michael G. Scales.
Students in associate or bachelor’s degree programs, who maintain passing grades and are on track to complete their degree on time, will be eligible to receive the tuition discount award. In addition to the 12-month State residency required prior to the term for which application is made, the student’s annual family income must be less than $100,000. Among other requirements, applicants must plan to live and work in New York for the same number of years for which the discount has been awarded. (i.e. Students who receive the discount for four years are required to live and work in New York for four years.) Individuals in an undergraduate program that is structured to be completed in five years are eligible to receive the award for the five years. If students do not maintain the requirements of eligibility, the award will be converted to a loan.
The ETA application is available now. The deadline for completing the application is August 21, 2017. Students can also email the Nyack College Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com to learn more about the ETA program at Nyack. See detailed information about undergraduate degrees offered at Nyack’s Rockland County and Manhattan campuses.
ABOUT NYACK COLLEGE
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves more than 2,500 students in its undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and online degree programs. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Browse Blog Archive>>