School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
Nyack College School of Education professors, Dr. Marie White and Prof. Miriam Velez (l-r) were recognized in the Summer 2017 Studying & Self-Regulated Learning SIG (Special Interest Groups) Newsletter. Their work was cited as “an illustration of the transformational power of global citizenship in this era of self-regulated science” and for their “comprehensive global citizenship approach to teacher education,” noting their global accomplishments in Honduras and the Philippines.
SIGs offer a platform within the American Educational Research Association (AERA) to connect people who have a common interest in a field of study, teaching or research. The two Nyack New York City campus professors co-authored Developing Self-regulation of Learning and Teaching Skills Among Teacher Candidates, with Héfer Bembenutty (Springer, 2015). Dr. White also co-authored, Self-Regulation and the Common Core: Application to ELA Standards (Routledge, 2015) with Maria DiBenedetto.
This Special Interest Group (SIG) recognition has notable significance because of the strong international readership, including many well-known leaders in teacher education research at prestigious universities. Dr. White is a former SSRL(Studying and Self-regulated Learning) SIG Chair.
Congratulations are in order for these two Nyack faculty members who serve their students and the institution with excellence and compassion.
- FEB 21: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>