School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
Nyack College School of Education professors, Dr. Marie White and Prof. Miriam Velez (l-r) were recognized in the Summer 2017 Studying & Self-Regulated Learning SIG (Special Interest Groups) Newsletter. Their work was cited as “an illustration of the transformational power of global citizenship in this era of self-regulated science” and for their “comprehensive global citizenship approach to teacher education,” noting their global accomplishments in Honduras and the Philippines.
SIGs offer a platform within the American Educational Research Association (AERA) to connect people who have a common interest in a field of study, teaching or research. The two Nyack New York City campus professors co-authored Developing Self-regulation of Learning and Teaching Skills Among Teacher Candidates, with Héfer Bembenutty (Springer, 2015). Dr. White also co-authored, Self-Regulation and the Common Core: Application to ELA Standards (Routledge, 2015) with Maria DiBenedetto.
This Special Interest Group (SIG) recognition has notable significance because of the strong international readership, including many well-known leaders in teacher education research at prestigious universities. Dr. White is a former SSRL(Studying and Self-regulated Learning) SIG Chair.
Congratulations are in order for these two Nyack faculty members who serve their students and the institution with excellence and compassion.
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>