Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
Dr. Gwen Parker Ames (pictured), dean of the Nyack College Division of Student Success continues with an initiative to cultivate the interest of high school and middle school students in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering Math) fields.
A special event open to the public will take place on June 17 at Nyack College in Hilltop Classrooms on the Rockland County campus in Nyack. STEM demonstrations and presentations will be offered from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
An introduction to a Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP) program at Nyack funded by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) was launched in the spring to acquaint students with the various STEM fields. A summer program will run July 5 through August 3 and will meet in various Hilltop classrooms where students will be able to choose from a selection of science and technology classes.
Rockland County students from Nyack High, Ramapo High and Spring Valley High will participate. Middle school students are from Kakiat Elementary, Chestnut Ridge Middle School, Eldorado Elementary, Elmwood Elementary, Sacred Heart, Felix Festa Middle School, Highview Elementary, Bardonia Elementary and A. MacArthur Barr Middle School. Instructors will include Nyack College professors and professionals from outside companies. Most activities will be on campus; however, some field trips have been planned as well.
Busing will be provided to the campus from the various high schools. Parents may also transport students. Lunch will be available in the Nyack cafeteria.
For more information on this exciting new development for Rockland County students, contact the Division of Student Success at 845.675.4446
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Remembering Dr. Rexford Boda, President Emeritus (1933-2017)
- Dr. Marie White Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- Summertime Prayer
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Browse Blog Archive>>