Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
Nyack College has partnered with Suffolk County Community College (SCCC) in an initiative called the New York State Presidential Scholarship (NYSPS).
Nyack, known for its mission to provide access to affordable higher education—in many cases for students who are first generation degree earners, will grant a scholarship renewable annually to one candidate who has applied for admission by March 1 in the year preceding the planned enrollment.
Joan (pronounced Jō-Ahn) U Bolanos Martinez is this year’s recipient of the 2017 New York State Presidential Scholarship (NYSPS). He is one of three students selected for consideration who achieved the required cumulative grade point average of 3.7 or higher by the end of the third semester.
Born in Venezuela, Joan successfully completed ESL programs to master the English language after arriving in the States in 2014. He will fulfill his dream of earning his bachelor’s degree in business administration at Nyack’s Manhattan campus in Battery Park. “The NYSPS offers students like me the opportunity to pursue our academic goals. Nyack, in particular, combines academics with Christian values, which is one of the reasons I applied for admission,” shares Joan.
Pictured: (l-r) Nyack NYC Dean of Students Dr. Charles Hammond, Joan Martinez and School of Business and Leadership professor, Dr. Gerard Becker.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>