Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
Dozens of Rockland County community leaders and area residents filled President’s Hall on the Hudson Valley campus of Nyack College to pay tribute to the work of Earl Miller, the College’s executive director of community relations. Miller will soon conclude his longtime employment at Nyack and continue his commitment as a church, civic and community leader. He was joined at the recent celebration by his wife, Jonette, and son, Isaiah.
Dr. Michael G. Scales, 12th president of the 135-year-old institution, emceed the informal reception along with Dr. Frances Pratt, president of the NAACP Nyack branch and a 2015 recipient of a Nyack College honorary Doctor of Letters.
Miller wore many hats during his tenure at Nyack; in addition to being a student who earned both undergraduate and graduate degrees, he served as an associate dean of students, vice president for student development, and men’s golf coach.
A 2015 inductee into the Rockland County Civil/Human Rights Hall of Fame, Earl Miller was an ambassador whose efforts exemplified Nyack’s core values of being intentionally diverse and socially relevant. The diversity of groups that he attracted to Nyack College reflected the College’s commitment to extending hospitality to the community. Miller facilitated collaborative work with groups such as Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rockland, Rockland County YMCA, the Holocaust Museum and Study Center, NAACP (Nyack and Spring Valley), Nyack Rotary, Rockland Business Association, Leadership Rockland, First Tee of Metropolitan New York and among others. His invaluable bridge-building led to his role as a board member for several organizations and as YMCA Foundation Board Chairman for New York State. Miller was also Nyack Rotary President from 2012 to 2013.
Speaking on behalf of the campus community, President Scales read the inscription on a gift presented to Earl Miller: “With sincere gratitude for your service as an ambassador, a bridge-builder and a crusader for the cause of Christ embraced by our administrators, faculty, staff, students and alumni. Our love and prayers go with you!”
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- Browse Blog Archive>>