Remembering Robin Luce
The Nyack College campus has learned that Robin Luce, former Office of Student Development administrative assistant on the Nyack Rockland County campus, went home to be with the Lord on Thursday, May 25, after a brief time in hospice care.
Many wonderful things can be shared about Robin’s compassionate presence that established her as a pillar of the campus community. However, even before her retirement in 2009, she was publically recognized as a true treasure when the following introduction was read announcing the 2006-2007 Missionarian yearbook dedicatee. The following tribute to Robin written by Nyack’s Dean of Library Services and her dear friend Linda Poston are a precious word picture worth repeating.
"Our dedicatee this year is a person who has touched many lives and hearts. She came to Nyack with a master’s degree in counseling and had previous experience teaching high school Spanish, serving as a Resident Director and managing a Christian bookstore. At Nyack, She served in an administrative support role for the past eleven years and has become a loyal friend, a professional resource and an encourager, par excellence to many. You might catch her eating lunch and reading a good book at the gazebo, find her sitting in chapel enjoying worship, hear her contagious laughter down the hallway, or observe her compassionate heart reaching out to a student.
I have been privileged to know her on a both a professional and personal level and I have found that she is a woman of excellence. All that she does is done with diligence, careful attention and faithful oversight. She has mastered new software with persistence and grace and when she is given a project, you can be sure that it will be accomplished according to standards of the highest quality. You may even see her Toyota in the parking lot on a Saturday as she puts the finishing touches on a special project.
She is also a woman of deep compassion. When she talks with individuals, they have her undivided attention. She listens with empathy and genuine concern, but isn’t afraid to speak the truth in love. She cares deeply for others, and creatively ministers to them with notes, conversations over a meal, or a special invitation to her cozy third-story apartment in Nyack. She always sees the potential and the best in everyone she meets.
Recently, she filled a special role in the life of a student, struggling with cancer. Robin reached out on many occasions, praying fervently for her, offering her lodging for a night as a stopover when she was too weak to make it home, and taking her on a trip to the beach to enjoy the waves and spray of the ocean during the last weeks of her life. Robin’s compassion is unbounded!
She is also a woman who enjoys life to the fullest—walking through freshly fallen snow in Vermont, drinking in the brilliant colors of a fall day in Connecticut, savoring the flavors of exotic food at an Indian buffet in New York City and relishing a day at one of her favorite spots—Mohonk Mountain.
But most of all, she is a godly woman of character. Her relationship to the Lord is evident in all that she says and does. She lives in total dependence on His strength and abundant grace and allows His love to flow through her each and every day of her life. She is continually growing in her walk with God and is an example of a ‘fragile jar of clay’ that God has used to bless the world around her.
Thank you, Robin, for sharing your life with us. Your sweet spirit, gentle voice, and joyful heart of service will long be remembered by all of us.”—Linda Poston
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- Browse Blog Archive>>