Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
Outreach to communities and organizations is a common Nyack College practice because service is such an integral part of the institution's DNA.
Nyack’s Athletics Department is just one campus group that exemplifies this commitment. As participants in the National Collegiate Athletic Association’s “NCAA® Team Works™ Helper Helper Community Service Competition,” Nyack student-athletes placed 11th in the nation for community outreach. January through March 2017, schools were ranked based on the number of service hours and percentage of participants.
The Women’s Basketball Team clocked some 400 hours alone. More 698 hours and 98% participation were volunteered by Nyack athletes for the NCAA® Team Works™ competition. During the 2016-2017 academic year, Warrior teams offered 1,690 hours in various activities.
One Rockland County non-profit, the Nyack Homeless Project, recently expressed appreciation for volunteer efforts of Nyack College students, faculty and staff. When the Homeless Project was awarded with a gift of $8,000 from Bill Kolb, Jr. Subaru of Rockland to support their mission of collecting food and clothing for the less fortunate, Nyack representatives were invited to be a part of the photo shoot during the presentation.
Representing Nyack in this photo are David D. Julien, Nyack Head Women's Basketball Coach (second from the left) and Dr. Christine Buel, a Nyack College School of Education professor (fourth from the left).
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- Browse Blog Archive>>