Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
A group of Nyack College alumni and current students gave new meaning to the phrase “if these walls could talk.” These Nyack artists spoke through their paintings, illustrations and photography on display at the intimate 400-square foot East Village Storefront in Manhattan.
Katie O’Sullivan, a Nyack College Honors Program alumna and 2016 summa cum laude English major, invited Nyack College students to participate in the event showcasing multimedia forms of art.
Katie is currently pursuing graduate studies in International Relations at New York University. She explains, “As part of NYU's Peer-to-Peer (P2P) 2017 campaign, "Common Place," our goal is to inspire ongoing conversations about community, identity, and diversity. The art show is part of a trio of events that aim to encourage people to share stories, embrace different perspectives, and express themselves.”
The work of alumni—artist Qian Ye (’12 BS, Communications; ’15 MSOL) and photographer, Tyrone Taylor (’15, Youth & Family Studies major)—was displayed. Two current Nyack students, Djulie Scaff (’18, music major, whose illustrations were on display, was joined by her cousin Christine Freitas (’18, Bible major). The duo provided music during the exhibition.
Pictured: top row: Katie O’Sullivan; middle row: (l-r) Tyrone Taylor and Qian Ye; bottom row: Djulie Scaff and Christine Freitas.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>