I Am The Way
Nyack College Rockland School of Music
Jerome Hines’ "I Am the Way"
Directed by Derek de Cambra
Conducted by Professor Emeritus Dr. Paul Liljestrand
Saturday, April 28 at 8:00 pm (Pre-performance lecture at 7:00 pm)
Pardington Hall, Rockland Campus
FREE to Nyack College/ATS students, faculty, and staff
(All others: $10 suggested donation)
Staged, costumed selections from Jerome Hines’ epic sacred opera on the life of Christ, featuring professional soloists, Nyack College music faculty, and the Nyack College Chorale. Mr. Hines (1921-2003) was a great opera singer, and this work has been produced at venues all over the world, including the Bolshoi in Russia and the Metropolitan Opera in New York City. “Jerry” was a mentor and teacher to Joel and Shelley Jameson, and it is their distinct privilege and honor to bring this music to Nyack College in his memory.
The performance features the Nyack College Chorale
Jesus: Joel Jameson (Chorale Director)
Martha: Shelley Jameson (voice professor)
John, the beloved: Chad Boudreaux
Peter/Eliakim: Tom Rich (alumnus)
Judas: Dan Ansaldo (alumnus)
Mary Magdalene: Ashley Maynard (student), Nadine Kulberg (alumna)
Thomas: Andrew Reith (alumnus)
Mother Mary: Charity Stephenson (student)
Mr. Derek de Cambra, stage director and a dear friend of Mr. Hines, will give an informative discussion about the composer, his life, and this opera at 7:00 pm, one hour before curtain. You will hear stories of Jerry's incredible life, his conversion experience, and how I Am the Way came to the people of Russia in 1993.
See the Scriptures come alive through glorious music, beautiful singing, and compelling acting!
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Browse Blog Archive>>