Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
The annual Crossing Over Ceremony was held on Sunday, April 30, marking the seventh year that Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah has conducted Woman, the rite of passage program for senior female students at Nyack College, along with her colleague Nyack Rockland’s Dean Wanda Velez.
Dr. Abdallah shares, “I dedicated my Ph.D. dissertation to the women of Nyack College and the not-yet-women of my family, hoping there would be a Woman Rite of Passage someday. Through the past seven years and with the help of Nyack's community, we've grown to over 100 alumnae supported by more than 20 mentors. The Book of Womanhood, the book that evolved from my dissertation, now empowers Christian women to be the unique people God's created them to be in the United States and abroad. Nyack College is the epicenter of this movement, not unlike the center A.B. Simpson imagined as he sent the whole gospel to the whole world. I'm amazed at what Woman has become and thankful to be a part of it.”
The 13 women who participated in the ceremony on the Rockland campus in President’s Hall of Shuman Hall were Grace Katherine Anger, Faith Argeroplos, Alexandria Bisson, Bridgett Lee Blood, Trisha Frazer, Alisha Silvanna Izquierdo, Karen Liang, Kassie Neumann, Nicole Lee Occhipinti, Casey-Adelle Reyes, Emily Hope Sigmon, Caitlyn Thomas and Zatanyia Vereen.
The vocal and visual presentations spoke volumes of how the one-year journey impacted each woman's life. Unanimously—through their laughter and joyful tears—they agreed it was a transformational experience.
For more information about Woman, click here.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Remembering Dr. Rexford Boda, President Emeritus (1933-2017)
- Dr. Marie White Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- Summertime Prayer
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Browse Blog Archive>>