Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
Nyack New York City campus student body votes were cast and the 2017-2018 Student Government Association (SGA) officers have been elected. Pictured: (L-R, front row) Reshma Mohabir, Zoe Prawda and Kristie Vaval; (L-R, back row) Ralph Beck and Wayne Ferugson.
Wayne Ferguson (’19), president is a pastoral ministry major who grew up in Jamaica Queens and currently lives in Brooklyn. He a member of the chapel worship band and has also performed at Open House events. Wayne looks forward to being ordained and to becoming a pastor. His long term aspiration is to share the gospel with unreached people groups around the world.
Zoe Prawda (’18), vice president, also hails from Brooklyn. Zoe learned about Nyack on K-LOVE radio. Nyack measured up to what she was looking for in a college: a music composition concentration and a convenient commute. Wasting no time, she applied for admission during her junior year of high school and didn’t apply to any other college. In addition to her studies, Zoe is a tutor in the Nyack NYC Testing and Tutoring Department and is a member of the Living Waters Dance Ministry. Her career goals include writing musicals for Broadway and being an educator. Her academic goal is to earn a doctorate in music theory and composition. Look for Zoe in Nyack’s upcoming musical production.
Kristie Vaval, (’19), secretary is originally from Port-au-Prince, Haiti and now lives in Brooklyn. She was already a college sophomore in Haiti when her dad mentioned Nyack College to her. Kristie is primarily in the U.S. to do missionary work sponsored by her home church in Haiti, but she investigated Nyack’s School of Music. She is enrolled in the music performance degree program, the perfect environment for nurturing her desire to inspire people through music.
Reshma Mohabir (’18), treasurer, lives in Queens, but is originally from Better Hope, Guyana. Reshma learned about Nyack at a college fair. The music in worship major is a member of the Nyack NYC Chorale and the chapel worship team. Her career goal is to be a recording artist and worship leader.
Ralph Beck (’19), public relations officer, is from Bowling Green, Kentucky. The bible and theology major wants to become an ordained minister and church planter.
Congratulations on to all!
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- Browse Blog Archive>>