Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
Earth Day 2017 was observed today in Rockland County with Nyack College students, faculty and staff putting some elbow grease into a clean-up effort by partnering with Keep Rockland Beautiful, the non-profit organization whose motto is “working together for a cleaner, greener Rockland.
College Relations Manager of Special Events Nancy Gates organized a contingent of 24 people from the campus community who came out to clean Upper Depew Avenue in Nyack.
“As part of a larger effort coordinated by Keep Rockland Beautiful, we worked together to haul 61 bags of garbage, 30 bags of recyclables, seven tires, 13 hubcaps, three car batteries, a set of bed springs, a television, a hedge trimmer, an oil drum, a reciprocal saw, and one gallon of used car oil out of the woods,” reports Mrs. Gates.
Students who participated represented the Biology Department, Athletics (women’s volleyball), the Intercultural Studies Department and the Nyack College Honors program. Faculty and staff from Human Resources, (Karen Davie); Athletics Department, (Keith Davie); English Department/Honors Program, (Jonathan Gates); College Relations, (Nancy Gates) and the Intercultural Studies Department, (Steve Nehlsen) joined the students.
With appreciation for the great effort on a rather damp and overcast Saturday, Mrs. Gates enthusiastically responded, “Congratulations to all on a great job. Upper Depew looks fantastic!”
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>