Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
Earth Day 2017 was observed today in Rockland County with Nyack College students, faculty and staff putting some elbow grease into a clean-up effort by partnering with Keep Rockland Beautiful, the non-profit organization whose motto is “working together for a cleaner, greener Rockland.
College Relations Manager of Special Events Nancy Gates organized a contingent of 24 people from the campus community who came out to clean Upper Depew Avenue in Nyack.
“As part of a larger effort coordinated by Keep Rockland Beautiful, we worked together to haul 61 bags of garbage, 30 bags of recyclables, seven tires, 13 hubcaps, three car batteries, a set of bed springs, a television, a hedge trimmer, an oil drum, a reciprocal saw, and one gallon of used car oil out of the woods,” reports Mrs. Gates.
Students who participated represented the Biology Department, Athletics (women’s volleyball), the Intercultural Studies Department and the Nyack College Honors program. Faculty and staff from Human Resources, (Karen Davie); Athletics Department, (Keith Davie); English Department/Honors Program, (Jonathan Gates); College Relations, (Nancy Gates) and the Intercultural Studies Department, (Steve Nehlsen) joined the students.
With appreciation for the great effort on a rather damp and overcast Saturday, Mrs. Gates enthusiastically responded, “Congratulations to all on a great job. Upper Depew looks fantastic!”
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>