Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
Dramatic tenor Issachah Savage will conduct a Masterclass on the Nyack New York City campus for School of Music students on Monday, April 24 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. in Room 2241 during their vocal pedagogy and studio class. This opportunity is being sponsored by the Coalition for African Americans in the Performing Arts (CAAPA) as a part of the organization’s effort to support classical music education, performance and scholarship opportunities to aspiring African American performers in the United States and abroad. CAAPA’s initiatives offer free opportunities for emerging artists to work one-on-one with renowned classical musicians such as Mr. Savage.
Issachah Savage made his Metropolitan Opera debut in its 2014-2015 season in the role of Don Riccardo in Verdi’s Ernani under James Levine. He has sung Siegmund in Die Walküre at the Canadian Opera Company under Johannes Debus with received critical acclaim. In the 2015-2016 season, he performed in the title role of Rienzi with the National Philharmonic at Strathmore Hall. He has also performed with the San Antonio Symphony, the Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra and with the Los Angeles Master Chorale.
Nyack students who will participate in the MasterClass include Nicole Vega, Chris Anthony, Stephanie Fisher, Noël Wippler, Kalia Baptiste, and Amanda Maysonet.
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Browse Blog Archive>>