Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
Dramatic tenor Issachah Savage will conduct a Masterclass on the Nyack New York City campus for School of Music students on Monday, April 24 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. in Room 2241 during their vocal pedagogy and studio class. This opportunity is being sponsored by the Coalition for African Americans in the Performing Arts (CAAPA) as a part of the organization’s effort to support classical music education, performance and scholarship opportunities to aspiring African American performers in the United States and abroad. CAAPA’s initiatives offer free opportunities for emerging artists to work one-on-one with renowned classical musicians such as Mr. Savage.
Issachah Savage made his Metropolitan Opera debut in its 2014-2015 season in the role of Don Riccardo in Verdi’s Ernani under James Levine. He has sung Siegmund in Die Walküre at the Canadian Opera Company under Johannes Debus with received critical acclaim. In the 2015-2016 season, he performed in the title role of Rienzi with the National Philharmonic at Strathmore Hall. He has also performed with the San Antonio Symphony, the Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra and with the Los Angeles Master Chorale.
Nyack students who will participate in the MasterClass include Nicole Vega, Chris Anthony, Stephanie Fisher, Noël Wippler, Kalia Baptiste, and Amanda Maysonet.
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- TONIGHT: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- Browse Blog Archive>>