Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
Nyack College Biology Department Chair, Dr. Jacqueline Washington, recently shared that five biology majors along with faculty members attended the 2017 NYC Regional SEA-PHAGES Conference held at SUNY Rockland Community College in Suffern, NY where Dr. Paul Turner of Yale University was the keynote speaker.
A Nyack College abstract was selected for an oral presentation, which was given by Kuan Chiu and Emily Barner. Dr. Washington proudly shares, “Emily was not originally going to present, but the morning of the conference, after I found out that the original speaker would not be attending, Emily agreed to give the talk with Kuan.” Remarkably, this last minute change did not give her much time to prepare. Kuan and Emily were awarded third place in the poster competition.
Pictured are (l-r) Dr. Emma Emanuel, Emily Barner, Kuan Chiu, Maridalia Lillis, Mariana Moraes, Patrick Findley and Dr. Jacqueline Washington.
Congratulations to all on this latest accomplishment!
To learn more about the biology major at Nyack College, visit the webpage.
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- TONIGHT: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- Browse Blog Archive>>