High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
For months Nyack College School of Music students, alumni, faculty and staff poured their hearts and souls into presenting a world class professional concert on the stage of David Geffen Hall in Lincoln Center. Truth be told, no one ever leaves a Nyack School of Music performance disappointed—no matter where the performance venue might be.
The thunderous applause and cheers were the immediate responses to the program’s eclectic mix of pieces representing classical, spiritual, jazz, contemporary, folk and gospel music. However, the first written communication echoing the audience's unanimous praise was sent to Dr. Michael G. Scales, proud patriarch of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary(ATS), by Nyack/ATS Chairman of the Board of Trustees Rev. Scott G. Slocum, lead pastor of Essex Alliance Church in Essex Junction, VT.
Chairman Slocum’s generous and gracious words were pure encouragement to all involved.
“Last night’s concert was strangely wonderful! We sat waiting for a concert to begin—a recital of sorts—and soon found that we had been brought into the presence of God. We were not spectators. We were participants, not simply invited into worship, but deliberately brought into worship.
“We stood and applauded, as in any concert, but strangely I realized it wasn't performers alone for whom I applauded. I was actually applauding with them for the One in whom they performed.
“Strange, they hadn't performed for me or us at all. We mistakenly thought we were going to watch a concert, never realizing we were in fact performers ourselves…invited to be part of this great gathering of the redeemed, proclaiming, “Holy, Holy, Holy!”
“Please thank all those of the School of Music, not only for a night of excellence, but a night of corporate praise and worship!”
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- TONIGHT: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- Browse Blog Archive>>