High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
For months Nyack College School of Music students, alumni, faculty and staff poured their hearts and souls into presenting a world class professional concert on the stage of David Geffen Hall in Lincoln Center. Truth be told, no one ever leaves a Nyack School of Music performance disappointed—no matter where the performance venue might be.
The thunderous applause and cheers were the immediate responses to the program’s eclectic mix of pieces representing classical, spiritual, jazz, contemporary, folk and gospel music. However, the first written communication echoing the audience's unanimous praise was sent to Dr. Michael G. Scales, proud patriarch of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary(ATS), by Nyack/ATS Chairman of the Board of Trustees Rev. Scott G. Slocum, lead pastor of Essex Alliance Church in Essex Junction, VT.
Chairman Slocum’s generous and gracious words were pure encouragement to all involved.
“Last night’s concert was strangely wonderful! We sat waiting for a concert to begin—a recital of sorts—and soon found that we had been brought into the presence of God. We were not spectators. We were participants, not simply invited into worship, but deliberately brought into worship.
“We stood and applauded, as in any concert, but strangely I realized it wasn't performers alone for whom I applauded. I was actually applauding with them for the One in whom they performed.
“Strange, they hadn't performed for me or us at all. We mistakenly thought we were going to watch a concert, never realizing we were in fact performers ourselves…invited to be part of this great gathering of the redeemed, proclaiming, “Holy, Holy, Holy!”
“Please thank all those of the School of Music, not only for a night of excellence, but a night of corporate praise and worship!”
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- OCT 1: Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- OCT 2: GRAND OPENING for Cultivate Coffee
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- Countdown to Borderline Music Fest: Spotlight on Skerrit Bwoy
- TODAY: Fine Print Showcase at Bailey Library
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Browse Blog Archive>>