High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
For months Nyack College School of Music students, alumni, faculty and staff poured their hearts and souls into presenting a world class professional concert on the stage of David Geffen Hall in Lincoln Center. Truth be told, no one ever leaves a Nyack School of Music performance disappointed—no matter where the performance venue might be.
The thunderous applause and cheers were the immediate responses to the program’s eclectic mix of pieces representing classical, spiritual, jazz, contemporary, folk and gospel music. However, the first written communication echoing the audience's unanimous praise was sent to Dr. Michael G. Scales, proud patriarch of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary(ATS), by Nyack/ATS Chairman of the Board of Trustees Rev. Scott G. Slocum, lead pastor of Essex Alliance Church in Essex Junction, VT.
Chairman Slocum’s generous and gracious words were pure encouragement to all involved.
“Last night’s concert was strangely wonderful! We sat waiting for a concert to begin—a recital of sorts—and soon found that we had been brought into the presence of God. We were not spectators. We were participants, not simply invited into worship, but deliberately brought into worship.
“We stood and applauded, as in any concert, but strangely I realized it wasn't performers alone for whom I applauded. I was actually applauding with them for the One in whom they performed.
“Strange, they hadn't performed for me or us at all. We mistakenly thought we were going to watch a concert, never realizing we were in fact performers ourselves…invited to be part of this great gathering of the redeemed, proclaiming, “Holy, Holy, Holy!”
“Please thank all those of the School of Music, not only for a night of excellence, but a night of corporate praise and worship!”
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>