Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
The School of Social Work at Nyack College will hold its 2017 spring seminar featuring Dr. Lawrence Ressler on “Trinity-Based Administration: A Theologically Informed Model of Leadership,” at Nyack’s Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in Room 1803 on Thursday, April 13 at 11:00 a.m.
Dr. Ressler has had a distinguished career in Christian higher education with a special focus on social work and is currently the chair of a National Social Work Professional Accreditation Advisory Council recently initiated by the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU).
Dr. Ressler has helped two undergraduate programs and one graduate program in social work gain initial Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accreditation. He also helped develop the curriculum for a social work program at Daystar University in Nairobi, Kenya that received government approval. In addition to teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, he has served in academic administration as program director, department chair, academic dean, provost, director of institutional assessment, and interim president.
During his distinguished career, Dr. Ressler has served as a faculty member or administrator at East Texas Baptist University, Taylor University, Tabor College, Roberts Wesleyan College, Messiah College, Malone University and Eastern Mennonite University. Other short-term assignments include his work at the Carver School of Church Social Work associated with the Southern Baptist Theological University; Daystar University in Kenya; and the Russian-American Christian University in Russia.
Dr. Ressler has training and experience as a community organizer, individual and family therapist and in conflict management. In addition to being a conference presenter, he has contributed to many publications including Making Peace With Conflict, a book on conflict management and Hears Strangely Warmed, an edited devotional.
He is a graduate of Case Western Reserve University (Ph.D.), Temple University (MSW) and Eastern Mennonite University (BSW).
Learn more about Nyack’s School of Social Work.
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- OCT 1: Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- OCT 2: GRAND OPENING for Cultivate Coffee
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- Countdown to Borderline Music Fest: Spotlight on Skerrit Bwoy
- TODAY: Fine Print Showcase at Bailey Library
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Browse Blog Archive>>