Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
The School of Social Work at Nyack College will hold its 2017 spring seminar featuring Dr. Lawrence Ressler on “Trinity-Based Administration: A Theologically Informed Model of Leadership,” at Nyack’s Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in Room 1803 on Thursday, April 13 at 11:00 a.m.
Dr. Ressler has had a distinguished career in Christian higher education with a special focus on social work and is currently the chair of a National Social Work Professional Accreditation Advisory Council recently initiated by the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU).
Dr. Ressler has helped two undergraduate programs and one graduate program in social work gain initial Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accreditation. He also helped develop the curriculum for a social work program at Daystar University in Nairobi, Kenya that received government approval. In addition to teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, he has served in academic administration as program director, department chair, academic dean, provost, director of institutional assessment, and interim president.
During his distinguished career, Dr. Ressler has served as a faculty member or administrator at East Texas Baptist University, Taylor University, Tabor College, Roberts Wesleyan College, Messiah College, Malone University and Eastern Mennonite University. Other short-term assignments include his work at the Carver School of Church Social Work associated with the Southern Baptist Theological University; Daystar University in Kenya; and the Russian-American Christian University in Russia.
Dr. Ressler has training and experience as a community organizer, individual and family therapist and in conflict management. In addition to being a conference presenter, he has contributed to many publications including Making Peace With Conflict, a book on conflict management and Hears Strangely Warmed, an edited devotional.
He is a graduate of Case Western Reserve University (Ph.D.), Temple University (MSW) and Eastern Mennonite University (BSW).
Learn more about Nyack’s School of Social Work.
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>