Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
The School of Social Work at Nyack College will hold its 2017 spring seminar featuring Dr. Lawrence Ressler on “Trinity-Based Administration: A Theologically Informed Model of Leadership,” at Nyack’s Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in Room 1803 on Thursday, April 13 at 11:00 a.m.
Dr. Ressler has had a distinguished career in Christian higher education with a special focus on social work and is currently the chair of a National Social Work Professional Accreditation Advisory Council recently initiated by the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU).
Dr. Ressler has helped two undergraduate programs and one graduate program in social work gain initial Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accreditation. He also helped develop the curriculum for a social work program at Daystar University in Nairobi, Kenya that received government approval. In addition to teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, he has served in academic administration as program director, department chair, academic dean, provost, director of institutional assessment, and interim president.
During his distinguished career, Dr. Ressler has served as a faculty member or administrator at East Texas Baptist University, Taylor University, Tabor College, Roberts Wesleyan College, Messiah College, Malone University and Eastern Mennonite University. Other short-term assignments include his work at the Carver School of Church Social Work associated with the Southern Baptist Theological University; Daystar University in Kenya; and the Russian-American Christian University in Russia.
Dr. Ressler has training and experience as a community organizer, individual and family therapist and in conflict management. In addition to being a conference presenter, he has contributed to many publications including Making Peace With Conflict, a book on conflict management and Hears Strangely Warmed, an edited devotional.
He is a graduate of Case Western Reserve University (Ph.D.), Temple University (MSW) and Eastern Mennonite University (BSW).
Learn more about Nyack’s School of Social Work.
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- TONIGHT: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- Browse Blog Archive>>