Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
President's Hall in Shuman Hall on Nyack College's Rockland County campus was the venue where budding entrepreneurs vied for three monetary prizes and professional business coaching provided by Westchester County non-profit, Center for Transformative Work (CTW). CTW received the grant that funded the entire teaching series and competition and co-sponsored the event with the Nyack College School of Business and Leadership and Impact Paterson.
Jason Roe, 2010 Nyack School of Music alumnus and his wife, Kristina Roe, of Teach 2 Teach Music, LLC won the first place award of $10,000. Alliance Theological Seminary M.Div. student Ryan Ozolins (ATS '17) of The Good Donut Shop won the second place award of $7,500. Current Nyack sophomores Peter Nehlsen (NC '19) and Benjamin Tse (NC '19) of Cultivate Coffee Shop won the third place award of $5,000.
Sabine Schubert, facilitator of the learning community's series, "Integrating Your Faith and Your Work" on the Nyack Rockland campus and coordinator of the logistics leading up to the competition, shared Impact Paterson board member Bill Roesch is meeting with the winners
Judges for the competition included Gene-Christian Baca, responsible for marketing and new product development at Walter's Hot Dogs in Mamaroneck, NY; Steve Gomez, executive director at Greater Newark Enterprises Corporation, a non-profit community development financial institution; Brian Jacks, vice president of corporate development for BAI Communications, North America; George Tapinekis, an restaurant business investor; June Tomori of the City of Paterson Housing Authority; and Mike Williams, senior information technology professional.
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- TONIGHT: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- Browse Blog Archive>>