Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
Kathia Benitez (NC ’05; ’09) is the director of sustainNU at Northwestern University in Evanston, IL. In the Office of Sustainability she is responsible for leadership and management to ensure integration of sustainable practices throughout the University’s campuses. She coordinates and oversees sustainability and energy efficiency programs in collaboration with students, faculty and staff.
Prior to joining the staff of Northwestern, Kathia was the senior manager for the U.S. Department of Energy's Better Buildings Initiative, providing direct oversight and strategic guidance for the Better Buildings Alliance and Better Building Challenge initiatives. She also served as a sector matter expert for healthcare organizations.
As the Corporate Energy Program Manager for New York Presbyterian Hospital, she managed an annual $60 million utility budget of a 12-million-square-foot building portfolio. At New York Presbyterian Hospital, several ENERGY STAR Awards for Sustained Excellence in Energy Management and Climate Communications were received. The hospital earned additional recognition from the American Society for Healthcare Engineering’s Energy to Care program, the Department of Energy Better Buildings Challenge, and Practice Greenhealth under her leadership.
Kathia earned an Interdisciplinary Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in psychology and pastoral ministry and a Master of Arts in Counseling at Nyack. She was a former employee in Nyack's Office of Advancement.
She was recently profiled in the Winter 2017 Northwestern Neighborhood News publication.
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- TONIGHT: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- Browse Blog Archive>>