Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
Kathia Benitez (NC ’05; ’09) is the director of sustainNU at Northwestern University in Evanston, IL. In the Office of Sustainability she is responsible for leadership and management to ensure integration of sustainable practices throughout the University’s campuses. She coordinates and oversees sustainability and energy efficiency programs in collaboration with students, faculty and staff.
Prior to joining the staff of Northwestern, Kathia was the senior manager for the U.S. Department of Energy's Better Buildings Initiative, providing direct oversight and strategic guidance for the Better Buildings Alliance and Better Building Challenge initiatives. She also served as a sector matter expert for healthcare organizations.
As the Corporate Energy Program Manager for New York Presbyterian Hospital, she managed an annual $60 million utility budget of a 12-million-square-foot building portfolio. At New York Presbyterian Hospital, several ENERGY STAR Awards for Sustained Excellence in Energy Management and Climate Communications were received. The hospital earned additional recognition from the American Society for Healthcare Engineering’s Energy to Care program, the Department of Energy Better Buildings Challenge, and Practice Greenhealth under her leadership.
Kathia earned an Interdisciplinary Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in psychology and pastoral ministry and a Master of Arts in Counseling at Nyack. She was a former employee in Nyack's Office of Advancement.
She was recently profiled in the Winter 2017 Northwestern Neighborhood News publication.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>