APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
The Nyack College Opera Workshop will present its last performance of Giuseppe Verdi’s “La Traviata” on Sunday, April 23 at 3:00 p.m. in Olsen Auditorium of Pardington Hall, 45 South Boulevard in Nyack on the Rockland County campus.
This highly demanding music concert performed with chamber orchestra accompaniment will be conducted by Maestro David Maiullo, president and musical director of the Bravo Alliance of Performing Artists.
Senior vocal performance major, Hannah Jang will sing the opening performance demonstrating exquisite talent and an amazing work ethic. Prof. Joel Jameson (Voice/Choral) comments that the role of Violetta is one of the longest and most demanding in the operatic repertoire.
Nyack College Artist-in-Residence, Prof. Shelley Jameson, will sing the closing performance. Mrs. Jameson has had tremendous success as a professional opera singer performing this role throughout the United States as well as internationally. Her work with some of the best coaches and other performers of this role bring a wealth of experience to her performance. It is with her special gifting that she provided guidance to Hannah through the demands of this tour de force role.
Admission is a suggested donation of $20 for adults; $15 for students, seniors and children.
Proceeds from this performance will go to the victims of the devastating tornado that struck Ottawa, IL, the hometown of Joel Jameson. One fatality and more than dozen injuries were the result of the ravaging storm. Prof. Jameson commented about Ottawa residents, “We want them to know that Christ is alive and well and that Christians are doing awesome things for others in the name of Jesus Christ.”
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>