APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
The Nyack College Opera Workshop will present its last performance of Giuseppe Verdi’s “La Traviata” on Sunday, April 23 at 3:00 p.m. in Olsen Auditorium of Pardington Hall, 45 South Boulevard in Nyack on the Rockland County campus.
This highly demanding music concert performed with chamber orchestra accompaniment will be conducted by Maestro David Maiullo, president and musical director of the Bravo Alliance of Performing Artists.
Senior vocal performance major, Hannah Jang will sing the opening performance demonstrating exquisite talent and an amazing work ethic. Prof. Joel Jameson (Voice/Choral) comments that the role of Violetta is one of the longest and most demanding in the operatic repertoire.
Nyack College Artist-in-Residence, Prof. Shelley Jameson, will sing the closing performance. Mrs. Jameson has had tremendous success as a professional opera singer performing this role throughout the United States as well as internationally. Her work with some of the best coaches and other performers of this role bring a wealth of experience to her performance. It is with her special gifting that she provided guidance to Hannah through the demands of this tour de force role.
Admission is a suggested donation of $20 for adults; $15 for students, seniors and children.
Proceeds from this performance will go to the victims of the devastating tornado that struck Ottawa, IL, the hometown of Joel Jameson. One fatality and more than dozen injuries were the result of the ravaging storm. Prof. Jameson commented about Ottawa residents, “We want them to know that Christ is alive and well and that Christians are doing awesome things for others in the name of Jesus Christ.”
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- Browse Blog Archive>>