APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
The Nyack College Opera Workshop will present its last performance of Giuseppe Verdi’s “La Traviata” on Sunday, April 23 at 3:00 p.m. in Olsen Auditorium of Pardington Hall, 45 South Boulevard in Nyack on the Rockland County campus.
This highly demanding music concert performed with chamber orchestra accompaniment will be conducted by Maestro David Maiullo, president and musical director of the Bravo Alliance of Performing Artists.
Senior vocal performance major, Hannah Jang will sing the opening performance demonstrating exquisite talent and an amazing work ethic. Prof. Joel Jameson (Voice/Choral) comments that the role of Violetta is one of the longest and most demanding in the operatic repertoire.
Nyack College Artist-in-Residence, Prof. Shelley Jameson, will sing the closing performance. Mrs. Jameson has had tremendous success as a professional opera singer performing this role throughout the United States as well as internationally. Her work with some of the best coaches and other performers of this role bring a wealth of experience to her performance. It is with her special gifting that she provided guidance to Hannah through the demands of this tour de force role.
Admission is a suggested donation of $20 for adults; $15 for students, seniors and children.
Proceeds from this performance will go to the victims of the devastating tornado that struck Ottawa, IL, the hometown of Joel Jameson. One fatality and more than dozen injuries were the result of the ravaging storm. Prof. Jameson commented about Ottawa residents, “We want them to know that Christ is alive and well and that Christians are doing awesome things for others in the name of Jesus Christ.”
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>