Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
Evelyn Bautista-Miller will be the featured speaker at the Wednesday, March 15 at 4:00 p.m. for the Critical Reads colloquium on civic engagement hosted by the Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE).
The event will be held on Nyack’s Rockland campus in President's Hall (Shuman Hall), 185 South Highland Ave., in Nyack. She will present on the book, Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo Freire, published by Bloomsbury Academic (1970).
Ms. Bautista-Miller is a professor at the Columbia University School of Social Work. She is also the CEO and founder of Tender Steps of New York, Inc. (TSONY, Inc.), a non-profit that helps individuals, families and communities navigate social conditions that negatively impact their well-being. This includes but is not limited to issues of inequity in education, intimate partner violence, challenges due to language barriers, drug addiction and citizenship status concerns.
Prof. Miller earned both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in social work at from the State University of New York at Albany, the Rockefeller School of Social Welfare. She attended the Leadership Academy at (MCLA) Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts and attained her Educational Administration license. She is a Certified Bilingual (SDA) School District Administrator for both New York State and New Jersey.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>