Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
Evelyn Bautista-Miller will be the featured speaker at the Wednesday, March 15 at 4:00 p.m. for the Critical Reads colloquium on civic engagement hosted by the Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE).
The event will be held on Nyack’s Rockland campus in President's Hall (Shuman Hall), 185 South Highland Ave., in Nyack. She will present on the book, Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo Freire, published by Bloomsbury Academic (1970).
Ms. Bautista-Miller is a professor at the Columbia University School of Social Work. She is also the CEO and founder of Tender Steps of New York, Inc. (TSONY, Inc.), a non-profit that helps individuals, families and communities navigate social conditions that negatively impact their well-being. This includes but is not limited to issues of inequity in education, intimate partner violence, challenges due to language barriers, drug addiction and citizenship status concerns.
Prof. Miller earned both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in social work at from the State University of New York at Albany, the Rockefeller School of Social Welfare. She attended the Leadership Academy at (MCLA) Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts and attained her Educational Administration license. She is a Certified Bilingual (SDA) School District Administrator for both New York State and New Jersey.
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Browse Blog Archive>>