ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
Community was the theme of a retreat held recently at Mount Crescent House in Norwich, CT for Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) students along with the ATS International Workers in Residence from North Africa.
Romans 12 was implicit in the storytelling that was shared by each participant. “We wanted to take time and remember our stories, the stories that are being written by God and told through us because stories remind us of God's love, grace and redemption in our lives,” says Kristi Moua, program coordinator for the Alliance Graduate School of Missions department at the seminary. A 2016 ATS alumna of the M.Div. program, she explains, “As a result of sharing our stories, we are inviting each other into one another's lives, where we can authentically walk with each other. We wanted to remember a community of love, healing, forgiveness, acceptance, truth, and grace. And it doesn't stop at the end of the retreat, but we will continue to do this in our daily lives with old and new communities we encounter with the Lord.”
The retreat is held once each semester at a variety of locations from year to year and is announced to students in class, in chapel and via promotional flyers.
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>