ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
Community was the theme of a retreat held recently at Mount Crescent House in Norwich, CT for Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) students along with the ATS International Workers in Residence from North Africa.
Romans 12 was implicit in the storytelling that was shared by each participant. “We wanted to take time and remember our stories, the stories that are being written by God and told through us because stories remind us of God's love, grace and redemption in our lives,” says Kristi Moua, program coordinator for the Alliance Graduate School of Missions department at the seminary. A 2016 ATS alumna of the M.Div. program, she explains, “As a result of sharing our stories, we are inviting each other into one another's lives, where we can authentically walk with each other. We wanted to remember a community of love, healing, forgiveness, acceptance, truth, and grace. And it doesn't stop at the end of the retreat, but we will continue to do this in our daily lives with old and new communities we encounter with the Lord.”
The retreat is held once each semester at a variety of locations from year to year and is announced to students in class, in chapel and via promotional flyers.
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- TONIGHT: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- Browse Blog Archive>>