Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, Nyack College Bible professor will be the featured speaker at the Metro District of The Christian and Missionary Alliance Women’s Retreat scheduled Friday, March 31 through Sunday, April 2 at the Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club in Galloway, NJ. The theme is "Empowering Womanhood."
Dr. Abdallah is passionate about life. She is a wife and a mother of two who writes, teaches, preaches, leads, and mentors in the United States and abroad. Woman, the rite of passage she pioneered has been transforming and empowering its many participants for several years; it also inspired her first book, The Book of Womanhood (Cascade Books, 2015). In addition to leading women, Amy also guides others academically as associate professor of theology and Bible at Nyack College.
She earned a Ph.D. from Drew University and an M.Div. from Alliance Theological Seminary. Some of her favorite courses include Worship: Ancient and Future; Classic Christian Spirituality; and Male and Female in Biblical Perspective. She teaches Worship Arts and Disciplines at Alliance Theological Seminary, coordinates seminary chapels, and leads Global Service-Learning courses that have been taught in Israel, Turkey, Egypt and Syria.
Amy prioritizes experiential learning, and whether in the United States or abroad, she brings passion and intellect to her teaching, writing, academic presentations, preaching and ministry. In her free time, she enjoys exercise, photography, climbing mountains, travel, adventuring with her husband and sons, learning languages and the creative arts.
Find her on the web at amyfdavisabdallah.com and on twitter @amyfdavisa.
Registration for the Metro District retreat ends Friday, February 24. For more information, click here.
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- Browse Blog Archive>>