Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
Nyack College students, faculty and staff along with financial aid administrators were among the hundreds who traveled to Albany, NY this week in support of the New York Student Aid Alliance (NYSAA) advocating for the protection of state financial aid. The daylong event took place in the Legislative Office Building.
The students from both the Rockland and New York City campuses who participated were Omar Tlapanco, Tim Liang, Lisa Essor, Yanick Dues, Byanca Pierre, Ethan Hodge, Monifah Blackwood, Diamond Flowers, Noricia Campbell, Dilayla Hidalgo, Paula Bolzan, Pacquel Mullings, Daniel Larson, Codi Bobb and Joshua Spence. Nyack's Ethan Hodge spoke to those convened about how invaluable HEOP and his Nyack College community has meant to him. Staff members Nathaniel Perez, Grace Schroeder and Shawn Roseburgh accompanied the students.
A hashtag, #limitlesslearningNY, was created to encourage students to post on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, their personal stories of how TAP and other forms of aid have benefited them.
The Nyack representatives were given the opportunity to meet with New York State Senator David Carlucci (38th District—the towns of Ramapo, Clarkstown and Orangetown in Rockland County as well as the town of Ossining in Westchester County), an intern for Assemblymember Ellen Jaffee (97th District—Suffern) and Assemblymember Yuh-Line Niou (65th District—Chinatown, the Lower East Side, the Financial District, and Battery Park City).
Learn more about Nyack's Division of Student Success, which includes the Higher Education Opportunity Program, Compass Services and the Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) National Honor Society. Information on the NYSAA can be found here.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Remembering Dr. Rexford Boda, President Emeritus (1933-2017)
- Dr. Marie White Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- Summertime Prayer
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Browse Blog Archive>>