Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
Dr. Jonathan Gates, Nyack College English department chair and director the Nyack College Honors Program and his wife, Nancy Gates, College Relations Manager of Special Events, will be the special guests of Nyack’s Writing Center at the Rockland campus on Thursday, February 16 from 9:15 p.m.-10:30 p.m. They will lead a discussion on “The Lost Art of Writing a Love Letter” in the Center located on the second floor above Bailey Library.
No strangers to the joys and challenges of married life, the couple celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary last summer.
The union of these longtime lovers evolved innocently enough: she a freshman and he a senior met through mutual college friends. After spending a spring semester getting to know one another, he headed to graduate school in Ohio and she remained in Western New York for the next year. And the love letters started.
They share, “Over the years—filled with further academic study, the arrival of seven children, settling into Nyack, and teaching our children—the love letters have slowed and shortened, but the relationship has grown through life's trials and blessings.”
Come out and enjoy a heart-warming exchange with one of the Rockland campus’s beloved couples.
Click here to learn about the Nyack Rockland Writing Center directed by Prof. Beverly Locke.
- Tickets On Sale for United Praise Gospel Concert August 11 at Barclays Center
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Browse Blog Archive>>