Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
Associate Dean of Students Wanda Velez (Nyack College Rockland campus) will be among the roster of dynamic speakers at The Hope Gathering that takes place Friday, March 3 and Saturday, March 4 at the W83 Ministry Center, 150 West 83rd Street in Manhattan. Dean Velez will speak on Saturday, March 4 during the main session that begins at 3:45 p.m.
This annual event convenes women from more than 60 different New York City churches to share stories of the impact God has had in and through their lives. The Hope Gathering is sponsored by Cru, a non-profit evangelical organization founded by Bill Bright for university students.
Dean Velez has been an employee of Nyack College since 2001, beginning her tenure as the Director of Alumni Relations followed by her transition to the Office of Student Development in 2003. In her role as dean since 2010, she heads the Office of Student Development, a branch of the College that governs all facets of student life. She has served Nyack in numerous roles including fundraising, community engagement, and leadership development as well as crisis intervention, mentorship and spiritual formation.
The alumna of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary was also ordained as a minister of the gospel in 2011 by The Gathering Place Global Ministries. Rev. Velez is passionate about the call “to proclaim good news to the poor, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, and to set at liberty those who are oppressed.”
Learn more about The Hope Gathering registration and tickets here.
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Browse Blog Archive>>