Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
Associate Dean of Students Wanda Velez (Nyack College Rockland campus) will be among the roster of dynamic speakers at The Hope Gathering that takes place Friday, March 3 and Saturday, March 4 at the W83 Ministry Center, 150 West 83rd Street in Manhattan. Dean Velez will speak on Saturday, March 4 during the main session that begins at 3:45 p.m.
This annual event convenes women from more than 60 different New York City churches to share stories of the impact God has had in and through their lives. The Hope Gathering is sponsored by Cru, a non-profit evangelical organization founded by Bill Bright for university students.
Dean Velez has been an employee of Nyack College since 2001, beginning her tenure as the Director of Alumni Relations followed by her transition to the Office of Student Development in 2003. In her role as dean since 2010, she heads the Office of Student Development, a branch of the College that governs all facets of student life. She has served Nyack in numerous roles including fundraising, community engagement, and leadership development as well as crisis intervention, mentorship and spiritual formation.
The alumna of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary was also ordained as a minister of the gospel in 2011 by The Gathering Place Global Ministries. Rev. Velez is passionate about the call “to proclaim good news to the poor, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, and to set at liberty those who are oppressed.”
Learn more about The Hope Gathering registration and tickets here.
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- TONIGHT: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- Browse Blog Archive>>