Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
The Nyack College Office of Spiritual Formation is proud to welcome home Rev. Charles O. Galbreath (pictured above) as the chapel speaker for Friday, February 3 at 10:05 a.m. in Pardington Hall, 45 South Boulevard in Nyack, NY. Rev. Galbreath, affectionately known as Pastor Charles, serves as the senior pastor of Clarendon Road Church (CRC) in Brooklyn, New York.
Pastor Charles earned his undergraduate degree magna cum laude at Nyack College in 2006. In 2011, his alma mater named him Nyack’s Young Alumnus of the Year. He holds graduate degrees in divinity and theology from Alliance Theological Seminary and Princeton Theological Seminary. He is a Ph.D. candidate at Fordham University’s Graduate School of Religion and Religious Education.
In addition to his responsibilities at CRC, Pastor Charles also has the privilege of serving as the Director of Field Education at Alliance Theological Seminary in New York City. He currently serves on the Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Community Partnerships headeded by Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams. Pastor Charles is also the Treasurer of the 67th Precinct Clergy Council, a member of the District Executive Committee for the Metropolitan District of the C&MA, Vice President of the Association of African American Church of the C&MA and has served as Co-Chair of the 45th Council District Committee in Brooklyn, NY.
Charles is married to his college sweetheart (NC '05) Flobien Vidal Galbreath. Together they are the proud parents of a son, Charles Oliver Galbreath, Jr. (C.J.) and a daughter, Malia Marie Galbreath.
Nyack’s Creative Arts team, coordinated by 2016 Alliance Theological Seminary alumnus Emmanuel Jean-Pierre, will also make presentations during this chapel service.
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>