Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
Nyack College along with Dominican College, SUNY Rockland Community College and St. Thomas Aquinas College partnered with corporate sponsor, Orange & Rockland Utilities, to present the 2017 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Oratory Contest at the Nyack Center in downtown Nyack on February 4.
Participants delivered a three to five minute segment of a speech or letter written by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. First place winner was Aleah Green, Spring Valley High School; second place, Abimaelle Belizaire, Spring Valley High School and third place, Neviyah Williams of Chestnut Ridge Middle School.
Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners were $1,000, $500 and $250 to Nyack College, SUNY Rockland Community College, St. Thomas Aquinas College or Dominican College. Awards of $500, $300 and $200 scholarships to other colleges and universities were presented.
Contest judges were Dorothy Filoramo, Dominican College; Gina Funaro, St. Thomas Aquinas College; Colleen Guyre, Orange & Rockland; Mondaire Jones and Drusilla Kinzonzi, contest co- coordinator.
Congratulations to all participants!
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- TONIGHT: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- Browse Blog Archive>>