Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
Nyack College along with Dominican College, SUNY Rockland Community College and St. Thomas Aquinas College partnered with corporate sponsor, Orange & Rockland Utilities, to present the 2017 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Oratory Contest at the Nyack Center in downtown Nyack on February 4.
Participants delivered a three to five minute segment of a speech or letter written by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. First place winner was Aleah Green, Spring Valley High School; second place, Abimaelle Belizaire, Spring Valley High School and third place, Neviyah Williams of Chestnut Ridge Middle School.
Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners were $1,000, $500 and $250 to Nyack College, SUNY Rockland Community College, St. Thomas Aquinas College or Dominican College. Awards of $500, $300 and $200 scholarships to other colleges and universities were presented.
Contest judges were Dorothy Filoramo, Dominican College; Gina Funaro, St. Thomas Aquinas College; Colleen Guyre, Orange & Rockland; Mondaire Jones and Drusilla Kinzonzi, contest co- coordinator.
Congratulations to all participants!
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>