Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
“We are mourning the loss of Nyack NYC student Curtis Crum III—a music major, a member of the Nyack Gospel Choir; the Nyack NYC Chorale; and Nyack’s touring gospel ensemble, Purpose; and a lead in Nyack’s production of West Side Story. He is in the hands of God now, but we ache because our hands cannot reach out to him and be greeted by his boundless energy, joy, kindness, fun and friendship,” is the news that Nyack College Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. David Turk shared with Nyack campus community on Monday, January 9.
Dr. Turk was also executive producer and director of the December 2016 School of Music production of West Side Story. Curtis played the role of Bernardo in the seven-show run on the stage of the American Theatre of Actors in Manhattan.
Curtis Crum’s bio in the playbill notes that the full-time voice student was debuting in his first Nyack show, and lists other impressive performances to his credit. With the award-winning Union High School Performing Arts Company (UHSPAC) in New Jersey, Curtis had performed in A Christmas Carol (Peter Cratchet) and The Wiz (Lion/Ensemble/Background vocals) as well as in El Redentor (Caiaphas, High Priest/Background vocals) with J.I.E. (Jesus In Everything) Productions.
The gifted performer also served in the United States Air Force for six years.
The Nyack College School of Music and the Nyack New York City campus are joined by the entire campus community in prayer for Curtis’s wife Michelle Saez Crum, his parents and other family members during this difficult time.
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- Movement Day New York City
- Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>