Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
“We are mourning the loss of Nyack NYC student Curtis Crum III—a music major, a member of the Nyack Gospel Choir; the Nyack NYC Chorale; and Nyack’s touring gospel ensemble, Purpose; and a lead in Nyack’s production of West Side Story. He is in the hands of God now, but we ache because our hands cannot reach out to him and be greeted by his boundless energy, joy, kindness, fun and friendship,” is the news that Nyack College Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. David Turk shared with Nyack campus community on Monday, January 9.
Dr. Turk was also executive producer and director of the December 2016 School of Music production of West Side Story. Curtis played the role of Bernardo in the seven-show run on the stage of the American Theatre of Actors in Manhattan.
Curtis Crum’s bio in the playbill notes that the full-time voice student was debuting in his first Nyack show, and lists other impressive performances to his credit. With the award-winning Union High School Performing Arts Company (UHSPAC) in New Jersey, Curtis had performed in A Christmas Carol (Peter Cratchet) and The Wiz (Lion/Ensemble/Background vocals) as well as in El Redentor (Caiaphas, High Priest/Background vocals) with J.I.E. (Jesus In Everything) Productions.
The gifted performer also served in the United States Air Force for six years.
The Nyack College School of Music and the Nyack New York City campus are joined by the entire campus community in prayer for Curtis’s wife Michelle Saez Crum, his parents and other family members during this difficult time.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>