Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
“We are mourning the loss of Nyack NYC student Curtis Crum III—a music major, a member of the Nyack Gospel Choir; the Nyack NYC Chorale; and Nyack’s touring gospel ensemble, Purpose; and a lead in Nyack’s production of West Side Story. He is in the hands of God now, but we ache because our hands cannot reach out to him and be greeted by his boundless energy, joy, kindness, fun and friendship,” is the news that Nyack College Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. David Turk shared with Nyack campus community on Monday, January 9.
Dr. Turk was also executive producer and director of the December 2016 School of Music production of West Side Story. Curtis played the role of Bernardo in the seven-show run on the stage of the American Theatre of Actors in Manhattan.
Curtis Crum’s bio in the playbill notes that the full-time voice student was debuting in his first Nyack show, and lists other impressive performances to his credit. With the award-winning Union High School Performing Arts Company (UHSPAC) in New Jersey, Curtis had performed in A Christmas Carol (Peter Cratchet) and The Wiz (Lion/Ensemble/Background vocals) as well as in El Redentor (Caiaphas, High Priest/Background vocals) with J.I.E. (Jesus In Everything) Productions.
The gifted performer also served in the United States Air Force for six years.
The Nyack College School of Music and the Nyack New York City campus are joined by the entire campus community in prayer for Curtis’s wife Michelle Saez Crum, his parents and other family members during this difficult time.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>