13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
by Aabye-Gayle Favilla
As student-athletes, Nyack Warriors work to grow stronger intellectually, physically, and spiritually. When that hard work translates into exceptional results in the classroom, student-athletes are recognized by the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC).
Thirteen of Nyack’s fall athletes have embodied our school’s value of academic excellence and been named by the CACC to their respective sport’s 2016 All-Academic Team.
All-Academic Team athletes are at least a sophomore, have competed on their current team for at least two semesters, and have a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.50.
It is no small task to balance the demands of college athletics and academics. And so it is with great joy that we congratulate the following Nyack Warriors for their exceptional achievement as student-athletes.
Three of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Cross Country All-Academic Team. Seniors Trisha Frazer (3.76 GPA) and Danielle Wilson (3.78 GPA) earned the distinction for the third time. Junior Sidney Spaschak (3.69 GPA) was named to the All-Academic team for the second time.
Three of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Men's Soccer All-Academic Team: junior Francois Legoedec (3.63 GPA); sophomore Wiktor Lasota (3.97 GPA); and sophomore Finn Reese (4.0 GPA), one of only three men’s soccer players to earn a perfect grade point average.
Five of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Soccer All-Academic Team. Senior Katherine Oldfield (3.68 GPA) received the distinction for the third time. Juniors Rebekah Lawler (3.67) and Jordan Jansen (3.77 GPA) made the list for the second time. Junior Karla Dominguez (3.59 GPA) and sophomore Vanessa Séfriou (3.59 GPA) each earned the honor for the first time.
Two of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Volleyball All-Academic Team for the second time in their collegiate careers: juniors Kelsi Collins (3.92 GPA) and Lindsay Miller (3.66 GPA).
Nyack congratulates all of these exceptional student-athletes.
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Browse Blog Archive>>