Save the Date for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
Save the date now--April 7, 2017!
That's when Nyack’s School of Music will headline a concert on the stage of David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center. The performances of the School's singers and musicians are a tradition that span more than seven decades. In addition to their regional travels in North America, international tours have included performances in Paris, Poland, Korea, Hong Kong, Germany, Moscow and Puerto Rico. The more than 100-voice group has also performed at Alice Tully Hall, Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall.
The April 7 program will feature seven conductors including Nyack School of Music faculty, Dr. Sue Talley (assistant dean of Nyack’s New York City School of Music), Prof. Joel Jameson, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, Prof. Darryl Jordan, Prof. Willana Mack and Ms. Stephanie Fisher. Ms. Fisher is an accomplished conductor and composer, who made Nyack College her school of choice to earn her music degree. One of her original works will be performed that evening.
Dr. Victoria Bond, acclaimed conductor and composer, performing a new commissioned work will be another program highlight. Her compositions have been praised by The New York Times as "powerful, stylistically varied and technically demanding," and her conducting has been called “impassioned” by The Wall Street Journal.
Nyack College President Dr. Michael G. Scales says, “Not only will the audience be fascinated by our gifted music students, but this opportunity to perform on the stage of a world famous cultural arts center is an experience of a lifetime for many of these young men and women.”
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Boxer Donut & Expresso Bar Owned by 2012 Nyack Alumnus, Eric Brown
- Browse Blog Archive>>