Save the Date for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
Save the date now--April 7, 2017!
That's when Nyack’s School of Music will headline a concert on the stage of David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center. The performances of the School's singers and musicians are a tradition that span more than seven decades. In addition to their regional travels in North America, international tours have included performances in Paris, Poland, Korea, Hong Kong, Germany, Moscow and Puerto Rico. The more than 100-voice group has also performed at Alice Tully Hall, Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall.
The April 7 program will feature seven conductors including Nyack School of Music faculty, Dr. Sue Talley (assistant dean of Nyack’s New York City School of Music), Prof. Joel Jameson, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, Prof. Darryl Jordan, Prof. Willana Mack and Ms. Stephanie Fisher. Ms. Fisher is an accomplished conductor and composer, who made Nyack College her school of choice to earn her music degree. One of her original works will be performed that evening.
Dr. Victoria Bond, acclaimed conductor and composer, performing a new commissioned work will be another program highlight. Her compositions have been praised by The New York Times as "powerful, stylistically varied and technically demanding," and her conducting has been called “impassioned” by The Wall Street Journal.
Nyack College President Dr. Michael G. Scales says, “Not only will the audience be fascinated by our gifted music students, but this opportunity to perform on the stage of a world famous cultural arts center is an experience of a lifetime for many of these young men and women.”
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>