Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
Dressed in a suit and hat. Seen at department stores, supermarkets and malls. No, not Santa.
You see the signature red kettle; hear the handbells ringing; and in some cases, you may even hear singing—all because of the dedicated men and women of The Salvation Army who weather the elements to receive donations for the less fortunate.
The more than 150-year-old organization founded by William and Catherine Booth is an international evangelical Protestant church and charitable organization that involves much more than gathering donations from shoppers.
Nyack alumnus, Major Marcus Jugenheimer (’99) has served with The Salvation Army for more than two decades. The graduate of Nyack’s Adult Degree Completion Program and his wife, Joy, were featured in an issue of North Rockland’s Daily Voice. (Read it here.)
Of Nyack’s degree completion program, Major Jugenheimer says, “The curriculum was a great match for my responsibilities as a ministry leader and the class schedule was easy to fit into my busy schedule. My Nyack College education equipped me with tools to lead and serve more efficiently. The cohort-based learning experience provided a great support system to learn together. As a non-traditional student, I found the Nyack College experience to provide a great balance of accountability and flexibility that required much of me and enhanced my ministry and leadership without distracting me from my daily responsibilities.”
And what’s the most fulfilling part of serving with the Salvation Army? He says, “My ministry in The Salvation Army has provided opportunities to meet people right where they are and to impact their lives with the love of Christ—whether that be from the pulpit on a Sunday, at Ground Zero on 9/11, around a soup kitchen table or during homework time in an after-school program.”
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>