Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
Dressed in a suit and hat. Seen at department stores, supermarkets and malls. No, not Santa.
You see the signature red kettle; hear the handbells ringing; and in some cases, you may even hear singing—all because of the dedicated men and women of The Salvation Army who weather the elements to receive donations for the less fortunate.
The more than 150-year-old organization founded by William and Catherine Booth is an international evangelical Protestant church and charitable organization that involves much more than gathering donations from shoppers.
Nyack alumnus, Major Marcus Jugenheimer (’99) has served with The Salvation Army for more than two decades. The graduate of Nyack’s Adult Degree Completion Program and his wife, Joy, were featured in an issue of North Rockland’s Daily Voice. (Read it here.)
Of Nyack’s degree completion program, Major Jugenheimer says, “The curriculum was a great match for my responsibilities as a ministry leader and the class schedule was easy to fit into my busy schedule. My Nyack College education equipped me with tools to lead and serve more efficiently. The cohort-based learning experience provided a great support system to learn together. As a non-traditional student, I found the Nyack College experience to provide a great balance of accountability and flexibility that required much of me and enhanced my ministry and leadership without distracting me from my daily responsibilities.”
And what’s the most fulfilling part of serving with the Salvation Army? He says, “My ministry in The Salvation Army has provided opportunities to meet people right where they are and to impact their lives with the love of Christ—whether that be from the pulpit on a Sunday, at Ground Zero on 9/11, around a soup kitchen table or during homework time in an after-school program.”
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Browse Blog Archive>>