Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
While in high school, it was my aspiration to play basketball at a large university. At the same time, I felt a calling to prepare for ministry. Jerry Slocum, the head coach at Nyack College, who today is the coach of Youngstown State University and one of the most successful coaches in NCAA history, began to recruit me pretty heavily. He came to watch me play twice and it soon dawned on me that at Nyack I could prepare for ministry while playing the sport I loved. I was not only able to enjoy a wonderful career as a basketball player for the Nyack College Fighting Parsons, but I was able to become a part of community that helped shape me into someone equipped for life and service while earning a degree in psychology. I eventually received a Master of Professional Studies in church management at ATS.
It's hard to isolate one experience as my favorite, but if I have to choose one particular season of time, I would say that being able to attend Nyack College with my sister, Heather, who is now a principal of a middle school in Redding, CA, and my brothers, Jon and Steve, who both were studying at ATS who now are respectively a pastor of a CMA church in Milford, CT and a college professor in California. We would often meet together on Sundays for some laughs. I never quite understood how special that was until years later.
My favorite food in the "caf" back in those days was grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I remember eating 10 sandwiches in one sitting after a hard basketball practice. My metabolism was a bit faster back then. Off campus, I frequented Tarantella's Pizza. For better or worse, my visits have not been any less frequent as an employee of Nyack.
I recently read Christ, the Sum of All Spiritual Things by Watchman Nee, one of my favorite authors. I love how he sees and expounds on the sufficiency of Christ as revealed in the scriptures.
I have discovered in recent years a passion and an aptitude for writing and hope to publish one day soon.
I have been blessed to be a part of the Nyack College community as a student in the 80s, a coach in the 90s and in recent years as the Rockland Admissions Director. Making these last few years even more special is the joy of working where my son Daniel, a Bible theology major, attends school. God has been good to me, and Nyack College has been center stage among God's blessings in my life.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>