Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
While in high school, it was my aspiration to play basketball at a large university. At the same time, I felt a calling to prepare for ministry. Jerry Slocum, the head coach at Nyack College, who today is the coach of Youngstown State University and one of the most successful coaches in NCAA history, began to recruit me pretty heavily. He came to watch me play twice and it soon dawned on me that at Nyack I could prepare for ministry while playing the sport I loved. I was not only able to enjoy a wonderful career as a basketball player for the Nyack College Fighting Parsons, but I was able to become a part of community that helped shape me into someone equipped for life and service while earning a degree in psychology. I eventually received a Master of Professional Studies in church management at ATS.
It's hard to isolate one experience as my favorite, but if I have to choose one particular season of time, I would say that being able to attend Nyack College with my sister, Heather, who is now a principal of a middle school in Redding, CA, and my brothers, Jon and Steve, who both were studying at ATS who now are respectively a pastor of a CMA church in Milford, CT and a college professor in California. We would often meet together on Sundays for some laughs. I never quite understood how special that was until years later.
My favorite food in the "caf" back in those days was grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I remember eating 10 sandwiches in one sitting after a hard basketball practice. My metabolism was a bit faster back then. Off campus, I frequented Tarantella's Pizza. For better or worse, my visits have not been any less frequent as an employee of Nyack.
I recently read Christ, the Sum of All Spiritual Things by Watchman Nee, one of my favorite authors. I love how he sees and expounds on the sufficiency of Christ as revealed in the scriptures.
I have discovered in recent years a passion and an aptitude for writing and hope to publish one day soon.
I have been blessed to be a part of the Nyack College community as a student in the 80s, a coach in the 90s and in recent years as the Rockland Admissions Director. Making these last few years even more special is the joy of working where my son Daniel, a Bible theology major, attends school. God has been good to me, and Nyack College has been center stage among God's blessings in my life.
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Browse Blog Archive>>