Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
While in high school, it was my aspiration to play basketball at a large university. At the same time, I felt a calling to prepare for ministry. Jerry Slocum, the head coach at Nyack College, who today is the coach of Youngstown State University and one of the most successful coaches in NCAA history, began to recruit me pretty heavily. He came to watch me play twice and it soon dawned on me that at Nyack I could prepare for ministry while playing the sport I loved. I was not only able to enjoy a wonderful career as a basketball player for the Nyack College Fighting Parsons, but I was able to become a part of community that helped shape me into someone equipped for life and service while earning a degree in psychology. I eventually received a Master of Professional Studies in church management at ATS.
It's hard to isolate one experience as my favorite, but if I have to choose one particular season of time, I would say that being able to attend Nyack College with my sister, Heather, who is now a principal of a middle school in Redding, CA, and my brothers, Jon and Steve, who both were studying at ATS who now are respectively a pastor of a CMA church in Milford, CT and a college professor in California. We would often meet together on Sundays for some laughs. I never quite understood how special that was until years later.
My favorite food in the "caf" back in those days was grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I remember eating 10 sandwiches in one sitting after a hard basketball practice. My metabolism was a bit faster back then. Off campus, I frequented Tarantella's Pizza. For better or worse, my visits have not been any less frequent as an employee of Nyack.
I recently read Christ, the Sum of All Spiritual Things by Watchman Nee, one of my favorite authors. I love how he sees and expounds on the sufficiency of Christ as revealed in the scriptures.
I have discovered in recent years a passion and an aptitude for writing and hope to publish one day soon.
I have been blessed to be a part of the Nyack College community as a student in the 80s, a coach in the 90s and in recent years as the Rockland Admissions Director. Making these last few years even more special is the joy of working where my son Daniel, a Bible theology major, attends school. God has been good to me, and Nyack College has been center stage among God's blessings in my life.
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>