Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
While in high school, it was my aspiration to play basketball at a large university. At the same time, I felt a calling to prepare for ministry. Jerry Slocum, the head coach at Nyack College, who today is the coach of Youngstown State University and one of the most successful coaches in NCAA history, began to recruit me pretty heavily. He came to watch me play twice and it soon dawned on me that at Nyack I could prepare for ministry while playing the sport I loved. I was not only able to enjoy a wonderful career as a basketball player for the Nyack College Fighting Parsons, but I was able to become a part of community that helped shape me into someone equipped for life and service while earning a degree in psychology. I eventually received a Master of Professional Studies in church management at ATS.
It's hard to isolate one experience as my favorite, but if I have to choose one particular season of time, I would say that being able to attend Nyack College with my sister, Heather, who is now a principal of a middle school in Redding, CA, and my brothers, Jon and Steve, who both were studying at ATS who now are respectively a pastor of a CMA church in Milford, CT and a college professor in California. We would often meet together on Sundays for some laughs. I never quite understood how special that was until years later.
My favorite food in the "caf" back in those days was grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I remember eating 10 sandwiches in one sitting after a hard basketball practice. My metabolism was a bit faster back then. Off campus, I frequented Tarantella's Pizza. For better or worse, my visits have not been any less frequent as an employee of Nyack.
I recently read Christ, the Sum of All Spiritual Things by Watchman Nee, one of my favorite authors. I love how he sees and expounds on the sufficiency of Christ as revealed in the scriptures.
I have discovered in recent years a passion and an aptitude for writing and hope to publish one day soon.
I have been blessed to be a part of the Nyack College community as a student in the 80s, a coach in the 90s and in recent years as the Rockland Admissions Director. Making these last few years even more special is the joy of working where my son Daniel, a Bible theology major, attends school. God has been good to me, and Nyack College has been center stage among God's blessings in my life.
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Browse Blog Archive>>